please post small g pulchra pics!! (i have a reason)

Wormtail39

Arachnoknight
Hi so as the title says i would like any and all small pulchra sling pics that you have under 1 inch, i have come to believe that my sling is just sligggghtlyy leggier than usual, i dont think its unhealthy or abnormal i just really like the look of chunky pulchras and im slightly worried mines gonna be spindly lol so i wana compare my sling to your slings of the same size, i tried to do this before i think in a facebook group but not many people had pics. This is how big my pulchra is plz try send pics of pulchras around the same size, but tbh i also would really enjoy seing pulchras 1 or 2 molts ahead of mine just to u know see whats ahead lol.
70281069_966775056995767_8209940250999390208_n.jpg

Kitara

Arachnodemon
Awwww. I love the long legs. Have you looked in the gallery to see if there are pictures there? Mine was just under an inch when I got her and now she is 2in after two molts.

This is the best picture I have at that size. My first pictures aren't that great.

20190511_184359.jpg

This one was after the first molt so about 1.5 inches.
Screenshot_20191001-183956_Photos.jpg

And this one is today. About 2 inches. I guess it looks almost the same as the one above. Guess it is the angle.

20191001_060420.jpg

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi so as the title says i would like any and all small pulchra sling pics that you have under 1 inch, i have come to believe that my sling is just sligggghtlyy leggier than usual, i dont think its unhealthy or abnormal i just really like the look of chunky pulchras and im slightly worried mines gonna be spindly lol so i wana compare my sling to your slings of the same size, i tried to do this before i think in a facebook group but not many people had pics. This is how big my pulchra is plz try send pics of pulchras around the same size, but tbh i also would really enjoy seing pulchras 1 or 2 molts ahead of mine just to u know see whats ahead lol.
View attachment 322223
Yours looks normal to me. They chunk up as they get bigger:
EB1AE988-E5A7-46FE-A34D-DA9FBB5C9A3C.jpeg

Wormtail39

Arachnoknight
It looks normal, slings are spindly, tarantulas don't really bulk out properly until they get larger

see yours looks about the same size as mine but yours has way shorter legs, its fine tho i guess il just have to except my little guy for the freak he is lol he will probs just be an ugly juvinile but come into his element as an adult (oh wow maby hes my spirit animal) lol shame tho the chunky juvis look awsome

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
see yours looks about the same size as mine but yours has way shorter legs
That's because mine's doing it's arse-wave threat posture and the legs are pulled in tighter, yours is almost at full stretch so of course it's going to look leggier.

Wormtail39

Arachnoknight
That's because mine's doing it's arse-wave threat posture and the legs are pulled in tighter, yours is almost at full stretch so of course it's going to look leggier.
do you have any other pics of your little dude? im certain mine is leggier but maby im going mad over this unessisarily lol

oh wow i just had my first jumpscare!! i have a feeliing my pulchras gonna be a really really fiesty t lol he is so small but i opened up the enclosure to do some maintenance and he propperly went for the tongs, i never really thought of him as haveing a feeding response only really fed him prekilled as in his last molt he wouldent take live, but the little guy strait on the tongs as i tried to remove a boluce. So i thought fuck it its a tiney bit too big but il put one of the small beatles that come from meal worms in their and the spider took it down no problem pretty cool to see him finally takeing live pray and so agressively lol But its an alarming sign that he attacks tongs at this size lol

Yours looks normal to me. They chunk up as they get bigger:
View attachment 322248
wow your pulchra is amazing bro u are lucky as hell

cheers yours is just starting to get its colours how big is he?

Awwww. I love the long legs. Have you looked in the gallery to see if there are pictures there? Mine was just under an inch when I got her and now she is 2in after two molts.

This is the best picture I have at that size. My first pictures aren't that great.

View attachment 322233

This one was after the first molt so about 1.5 inches.
View attachment 322235

And this one is today. About 2 inches. I guess it looks almost the same as the one above. Guess it is the angle.

View attachment 322236
thanks for the tip i jsut checked the gallery there wernt many slings unfortunetly but some great pulchra pics in general tho!

03/07/2019

It was around1-1,5 cm (BL)

View attachment 322225

16/07/2019

View attachment 322226

13/08/2019

View attachment 322229

09/09/2019

View attachment 322230
wow yours grew fast! like really fast lol

Last edited by a moderator:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
do you have any other pics of your little dude? im certain mine is leggier but maby im going mad over this unessisarily lol
I think I posted them in the FB group or one of the pulchra growth rate threads you made on here, I can't really be arsed to dig through all of my media for pics again. I think you're just imagining it tbh

Wormtail39

Arachnoknight
I think I posted them in the FB group or one of the pulchra growth rate threads you made on here, I can't really be arsed to dig through all of my media for pics again. I think you're just imagining it tbh
ahha thats completely fair enough dude and thanks for sending all that you have lol and yeah im sure your right i guess il just have to sit tight and luckily he is still small so hes growing pretty quick hopefully he will chunk out a tiney bit before he slows down.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
I mean, they're all different regardless. My daughter and I are the same height, but her legs are way longer than mine. I can't quite figure out this post. What's the difference if yours is leggier than others the exact same size? It doesn't mean it's not going to be a chunky monkey when it gets bigger. It seems impossible to predict.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Nothing to do with your spiderling is indicative to how they will look as juveniles, or adults... nothing. They are not more, or less, spindly than any other at that size and, even if they were, it has absolutely no bearing on how long their legs will be as adults. It also has absolutely no bearing on their sex at that size either.

Feral

Arachnobaron
Look at all those absurdly adorable pulchra spoods!
I can't even handle it.
:dead:

Man, I gotta learn how to post pix! lol

SteveIDDQD

Arachnosquire
No photos, but I agree they are spindly when young. Mine is just over 2" (at a guess) and its pretty leggy for a T that size - My similar size hamorii look much more like a small adult T.

Astron

Arachnopeon
My G.pulchra molted this morning (so sorry for rubbish picture quality but I am not touching that enclosure for at least a couple days!)

Rough estimate to be just over 2" now?

Eukio

Arachnosquire
Not sure of the exact size. Might be a little too big for what you are asking for.
20191110_190117.jpg