Please identify wild bedroom Scorpion

Scorponox

Arachnopeon
Came home from washing my car at about 8pm... take off my wet clothes (except boxers) and toss them on the floor, then I notice there's a 2-3" scorpion sitting on a different pile of clothes :eek:. Grabbed a cup and cupped him... pretty wiley little bastard, stinging at the cup/trying to get under it. I slid a piece of cardboard under it and tossed him in a jar... drove to my buddies house and let him go out on a wildlife trail. I'm a reptile guy... not a insect/arachnid guy so needless to say the rest of my night was just NOPE :p.

So after I got home I went through all the clothes on the floor, put everything away, checked under all the furniture and went through my bed. No live ones but I did find what appears to be 2 smaller bodies, both by my drapes. One was pretty small and looks to have been dead for a while, may have even been a molt. The other was a bit larger but still smaller than the live one I caught. I'm fairly sure it isn't a molt, looks like a full body, was still somewhat flexible. I poked it with a pair of pliers and it was gooey inside so probably not a molt and maybe only dead a week or 2?

So question is, what species is this, and why were there 2 other bodies on the ground o_O

First pic is the live guy, second is the larger body. Forgot to mention I live in Northern San Diego area.

Attachments

Last edited:

Scorponox

Arachnopeon
The pictures aren't great but maybe it is Hoffmannius spinigerus. @Scorponox
Thank you, why would there be 2 other bodies? I did find 2 wall outlets with the covers off them, one was an electrical with a backing cup so less likely they came through there, the other a phone jack with no backing and pretty much open to the wall so maybe they came through there? Even so 3 in the 6 months I've lived here seems like alot.