please ID this tarantula! thanks

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok, i got this tarantula from a mate who didnt know what it was, this was a few months back now and it was far far to young to ID it, so now its molted a few times, i thought i would give it a try. so with out ferther adow, the unknown tarantula! lol :D

and yes, he is eating a cricket lol :D

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Quick guess, is L. Parahybana. Not 100% but thats what it looks like to me.

BigHairy8's

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My guess would also be L. parahybana or possibly one of the other Lasiodoras. I know this is not a true tell tale sign, but does it attack the prey you feed it with a vengance? Just curious. Mine was a very aggressive feeder.

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine too. i would also guess one of the Lasiodoras.

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey thanks i thought it looked like one but it doesnt acted like one. It willl dig its self a very big hole and doesnt come out. and its molting very fast! about one every 2 months. and its color will change alot between molts. Any ideas of what it is ?

KaineSoulblade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It doesn't look dark enough for a Para. But does look of the Sp.
My para is only 3 inches and is black. That brown is about their color at .5-1.5 inches.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey thanks i thought it looked like one but it doesnt acted like one. It willl dig its self a very big hole and doesnt come out. and its molting very fast! about one every 2 months. and its color will change alot between molts. Any ideas of what it is ?
L. parahybana will frequently burrow when it's small. Mine is about 2" and still likes its hiding places.

Looks like one to me.

KaineSoulblade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I went and looked for you. I would say its a Lasiodora difficilis.
As I said for how large that one is, it looks too light to be a para.