Please Id my centripedes

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Get a tetanus shot. It is a good idea to get a shot every 10 years anyway. I do.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi,

if centipedes are from different species then it should not be possible to cross-breed them (additionally i suppose people still can't tell male from female with a 100% reliable method).

Since Sc. spinosissima once belonged to the Sc. subspinipes-group (Sc. subspinipes spinosissima) it was revised as a new species later on (what i personally consider as reasonable from a theoretical point of view).

If you document a succesful mating between Sc. spinosissima and Sc. subspinipes with a healthy clutch which is able to reproduce again, then i guess you make history for the centipede scene. ;) Good luck!:)

Regards,
Turgut
This makes me think that the Biological Species Theory (Hennig) is still being used. That makes me happy! :)

A.Gneist

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,
I hope you are better in the next days, you have to consult a doctor, maybe you have anaphylactic shock.

spade

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I will have TT and HTIG in a few hours from now. I am waiting for my nurse cousin. Should I need a doctor still? Even with a shot of these vaccines?

peterbourbon

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hey,

This makes me think that the Biological Species Theory (Hennig) is still being used. That makes me happy! :)
Oh, thats' just a theory and how it is used at the moment for centipedes AFAIK. I guess if we find out more about cross-breeding and maybe hybrid-species then this theory could become unusable. (Still i think it's a helpful indicator to define new species). :)

Regards,
Turgut

krabbelspinne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
@spade:

it is not a sign for an anaphylactic reaction but a sign for an infection (like sepsis!). you need to see a doctor soon.

spade

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the help guys. I had seen a doctor taken my CBC and Urinalysis. Will be back to the hospital tomorrow.

SAn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You ll get better, but it was good you went for some exams, they never hurt

spade

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
lol! SO what if I clipped it? It was my friends request as he will feed it to his arowana. As centipede keeping is not popular here in our place they only use it to feed fish! I am the only one keeping it for pets ATM

deathwing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok maybe you forgot to fed it while youre sick thats why it died... :D just kidding... Oh im glad you seems to be fine, well you can surf the net so i think youre fine. LOL i reply 1st on your pm before reading this post and the date you sent it. XD

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
lol! SO what if I clipped it? It was my friends request as he will feed it to his arowana. As centipede keeping is not popular here in our place they only use it to feed fish! I am the only one keeping it for pets ATM
Im sure your not the only one :( But Id love to have an Arowana, even if it means feeding it pedes (sarcasm). I would just feed them goldfish I think, but oh well, hundreds of pedes get their fangs clipped everyday your not hurting anything lol.

spade

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Im sure your not the only one :( But Id love to have an Arowana, even if it means feeding it pedes (sarcasm). I would just feed them goldfish I think, but oh well, hundreds of pedes get their fangs clipped everyday your not hurting anything lol.
Thanks! And those are before I learn that centipedes can be kept as pet. Now I don't sell it for arowanas food but as pet.hehe around 10USD here in my place

spade

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
what do you think about this link: http://www.petbugs.com/caresheets/S-subspinipes.html

Maybe thats why the bite is so painful in my part.

And maybe that's why I've caught the orange and yellow legs same place with the Scolopendra subspinipes subspinipes. Maybe my centipede is the one in the link.

Last edited: