Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbranconnier

Arachnopeon
I would assume she kicked hairs or is in early stages of pre molt. Is she active normal otherwise and doing what tarantulas do?

Kasshole

Arachnopeon
I would assume she kicked hairs or is in early stages of pre molt. Is she active normal otherwise and doing what tarantulas do?
no she’s not active, she barley kicks hairs anymore and she literally acts like she’s dying 😭 she barley moves and normally shes very active!

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Are her legs curled under? Ts aren’t really active by any means. Also she seems really plump so I doubt that she’ll eat in a while or until she molts.

Mbranconnier

Arachnopeon
no she’s not active, she barley kicks hairs anymore and she literally acts like she’s dying 😭 she barley moves and normally shes very active!
I would say she is either in pre molt, has kicked hairs or has a full belly.

Kasshole

Arachnopeon
Are her legs curled under? Ts aren’t really active by any means. Also she seems really plump so I doubt that she’ll eat in a while or until she molts.
She’s usually really really active but she won’t move at all and her legs are curled all the way on top of her and when I did get her to move it was like she was dead she just toppled back over

cold blood

Staff member
Seems like a reeeeaaaally small enclosure for it....does it have deep, damp substrate and a water dish?

Kasshole

Arachnopeon
Seems like a reeeeaaaally small enclosure for it....does it have deep, damp substrate and a water dish?
yeah it is a small enclosure, I’m in the process of rehousing right now to a 3 ft tank.. she has plenty of moisture and enough substrate to get her til tomorrow and she’s got a water dish

I’m wondering if she’s dehydrated??

Thekla

Arachnoprince
What does "hasn't eaten in a while" mean? How many days, weeks, months?
To me, she looks pretty healthy, maybe she's stressed because of that tiny enclosure and kicked hairs, but otherwise, she seems okay. I would get the hide out, so, she has room to properly relax. And as long as there's a big enough water dish in there, I guess she'll be fine until you rehoused her.

Do you have a picture of the new tank?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There’s no way to tell from this one pic.

Besides, so what if it’s in pre-molt.......

Cemykay

Arachnosquire
She doesn´t look bad besides being really plump ;)
When did you feed her?

Twantula1215

Arachnopeon
How are the legs curled? When is the last time she ate? How big is she? What species? How old?
Any more pictures?

We need more information.

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
It saddens me to see a large Theraphosa kept in such a small enclosure, heck my dubai roaches have more room and they are feeders.

Kasshole

Arachnopeon
Shes a T strimi, her legs are curled up over the top of her, she hasn’t ate in about a week, someone said she might be dehydrated?

It saddens me to see a large Theraphosa kept in such a small enclosure, heck my dubai roaches have more room and they are feeders.

Well if you read my other comments you would have seen that I’m rehousing her 🙄 so before you judge how about reading?

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Shes a T strimi, her legs are curled up over the top of her, she hasn’t ate in about a week, someone said she might be dehydrated?
You mean, her legs are up around covering her "face"? That's a stress pose.

She doesn't look dehydrated in the pictures. Very plump and not a partial death curl. Why would you think she's dehydrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.