Please help

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
what if she has an avic...what if she has an old mm avic?

we need to know the species and size.
The best immediate action is to raise the substrate, this will have the greatest chances of a spider, arboreal or not, who is in fact falling, to survive, we can go from there as to the details.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
an "8 inch LP" is not 3 inches tall.
Have you seen an 8 inch T in an eating posture? An 8 inch LP would most definitely be touching the lid. You'd also run into some serious issues with a T that size attempting to push a molt off with 2-3" of room. The gud ole rule of 1-1.5x the T's legspan works just dandy.

I should also add, if the T is arboreal and nearing a molt, they can handle a slight fall just fine.

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Have you seen an 8 inch T in an eating posture? An 8 inch LP would most definitely be touching the lid. You'd also run into some serious issues with a T that size attempting to push a molt off with 2-3" of room. The gud ole rule of 1-1.5x the T's legspan works just dandy.

I should also add, if the T is arboreal and nearing a molt, they can handle a slight fall just fine.
The t is falling from the screen in it's enclosure...

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
The t is falling from the screen in it's enclosure...
The OP never mentioned a screen, just simply the top. The top can mean all kinds of different things. Could simply be a T in premolt losing its grip at the top of the wall, doesn't mean it's falling from the sky to the bottom of the grand canyon. And like I mentioned, if it's arboreal, they can handle quite a fall.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
im all for a good debate, but i dont see a point when you dont even know for sure if the topic is what you think it is. come on now. :rofl:

@BishopiMaster you have no idea what the cage even looks like. the height might be 3" for all you know. yet you guys are still debating.

Last edited:

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The OP never mentioned a screen, just simply the top. The top can mean all kinds of different things. Could simply be a T in premolt losing its grip at the top of the wall, doesn't mean it's falling from the sky to the bottom of the grand canyon. And like I mentioned, if it's arboreal, they can handle quite a fall.
This is ludicrous, does it make more sense to raise the substrate height, in the event that the t repeatedly falling is not helping it, or to leave it because arboreal species tho

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
This is ludicrous, does it make more sense to raise the substrate height, in the event that the t repeatedly falling is not helping it, or to leave it because arboreal species tho
Leave it.. we don't know any specifics at all. If OP raises the sub 2 inches from the lid, and her T is a 8 inch terrestrial in premolt. What happens when that T tries to flip and push off the old exo? You should have said raise the sub till there's 1-1.5x the T's leg span of room from the lid IF it was specified to be terrestrial. Not 2-3 inches.

Just my .2 cents.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
im all for a good debate, but i dont see a point when you dont even know for sure if the topic is what you think it is. come on now. :rofl:

@BishopiMaster you have no idea what the cage even looks like. the height might be 3" for all you know. yet you guys are still debating.
Well in all fairness, the OP hasn't returned. We need something to talk about, right..? :D:rofl:

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Leave it.. we don't know any specifics at all. If OP raises the sub 2 inches from the lid, and her T is a 8 inch terrestrial in premolt. What happens when that T tries to flip and push off the old exo? You should have said raise the sub till there's 1-1.5x the T's leg span of room from the lid IF it was specified to be terrestrial. Not 2-3 inches.

Just my .2 cents.
We can defer to your formula, I will give you that.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
The OP has not been seen or heard from since the OP posted, you guys are all saying this that and the other, when no relevant info has come from them, I would leave it well alone ATM, OP could have had the answers needed if he'd stuck around for 20 mins.......

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The OP has not been seen or heard from since the OP posted, you guys are all saying this that and the other, when no relevant info has come from them, I would leave it well alone ATM, OP could have had the answers needed if he'd stuck around for 20 mins.......
The messiah has spoken.