Please Help

xanathefox

Arachnopeon
I'm really sorry to hear that, don't let it discourage you, we've all been there.
You see, my bf introduced me to T's and I'm a little arachnophobic so at first I was really uncomfortable, but then I started feeding them and giving them water and it's really awesome the tiny bond we get. I even got some T's for myself. And this beauty was the baby of my eyes and now it's gone :( my first T love is gone.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
You see, my bf introduced me to T's and I'm a little arachnophobic so at first I was really uncomfortable, but then I started feeding them and giving them water and it's really awesome the tiny bond we get. I even got some T's for myself. And this beauty was the baby of my eyes and now it's gone :( my first T love is gone.
It sucks but it's part of this hobby, losses can happen to anyone. I'm not overly attached to my Ts just cause of the scale of my collection. I still have some old Ts I adore, and theres definitely some sentimental value there. So I kinda get how your feeling, hopefully you will get back on the horse and will have learnt something in the process.

xanathefox

Arachnopeon
It sucks but it's part of this hobby, losses can happen to anyone. I'm not overly attached to my Ts just cause of the scale of my collection. I still have some old Ts I adore, and theres definitely some sentimental value there. So I kinda get how your feeling, hopefully you will get back on the horse and will have learnt something in the process.
Yes indeed I learnt. I was wondering if there's any site that can help me build terrariums according to the species I got. They're all ground species about 1,5cm leg span so I still keep them in small containers (about 10cmx10cm). But I would like to know if there's any kind of help for the terrariums or what they would like to have there.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Yes indeed I learnt. I was wondering if there's any site that can help me build terrariums according to the species I got. They're all ground species about 1,5cm leg span so I still keep them in small containers (about 10cmx10cm). But I would like to know if there's any kind of help for the terrariums or what they would like to have there.
Sure thing! Just post pictures of the enclosures and spiders and people here will check it out for you!
So sorry you lost it :(

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I was wondering if there's any site that can help me build terrariums according to the species I got.
This is your #1 resource for all things Tarantula (and other invertebrates too). Now that you have found us, you are doomed to become one of us!!! :D

On a serious note, sorry for your loss.

In the future, any inquiries you have can be posted here.

xanathefox

Arachnopeon
This is your #1 resource for all things Tarantula (and other invertebrates too). Now that you have found us, you are doomed to become one of us!!! :D

On a serious note, sorry for your loss.

In the future, any inquiries you have can be posted here.

Thank you so much, all of you :)
I'm feeling much better and I'm focused on making a new terrarium to our soon-to-be adult male GBB, since the current one he's on is getting a little tight for him. Posting a picture of the project to see what you can add up or point out. I'm thinking about making it on acrylic with a 10cm cute vase for a house and some branches and plants so he can web. I have some questions about the kind of glue i should use to make this. Is hot glue ok? And artificial or real plants? If so, what kind of plants? Is the size ok for him?
Thank you all ! <3

18387370_10213898600445622_1884560052_n_Fotor.jpg

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Thank you so much, all of you :)
I'm feeling much better and I'm focused on making a new terrarium to our soon-to-be adult male GBB, since the current one he's on is getting a little tight for him. Posting a picture of the project to see what you can add up or point out. I'm thinking about making it on acrylic with a 10cm cute vase for a house and some branches and plants so he can web. I have some questions about the kind of glue i should use to make this. Is hot glue ok? And artificial or real plants? If so, what kind of plants? Is the size ok for him?
Thank you all ! <3

View attachment 239723
You are better off using a hide that does not have an "end" to it. It gives them the ability to go into it and then burrow further down. I bury the hides (half logs usually) at an angle like a burrow and then let them do the rest of the excavating, like what my B. smithi did here.

Also, with a GBB, you will want to make sure it has enough anchor points to attach all that webbing to.

xanathefox

Arachnopeon
You are better off using a hide that does not have an "end" to it. It gives them the ability to go into it and then burrow further down. I bury the hides (half logs usually) at an angle like a burrow and then let them do the rest of the excavating, like what my B. smithi did here.

Also, with a GBB, you will want to make sure it has enough anchor points to attach all that webbing to.

OK thank you for the input! Btw that's a nice fat smithi :3

sasker

Arachnoprince
You could also consider making your terrarium out of glass. I am in the process of making my own right now, and it is not as difficult as I thought.

You might find this clip on youtube usuful:

The terrarium I am making is a variation on this terrarium. By the way, the guy in the clip is an active member on AB under the name of @petkokc

xanathefox

Arachnopeon
You could also consider making your terrarium out of glass. I am in the process of making my own right now, and it is not as difficult as I thought.

You might find this clip on youtube usuful:

The terrarium I am making is a variation on this terrarium. By the way, the guy in the clip is an active member on AB under the name of @petkokc

thank you so much! I've watched almost all of his videos by now cause I discovered it some hours ago :)
Thank you!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
If your Gbb male is mature with the next molt, it might be worth it to consider selling him to someone who needs a mature male for pairing. He will not live long after maturing, feeding less and less.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you all for the tips and help, you were all really helpful, but unfortunately my baby has passed away :(
It was my first arboreal and the most tiny T I've ever received.
I hope in the future I can make a better terrarium choice for them.

*roll down, try not to cry... already crying a lot*

Thank you all.
Awe sweets so sorry you lost the little blue beauty. Talk with us about your next enclosure and t. We will help in any way we can. AB is an awesome info source use it to your advantage. Take care.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
OK thank you for the input! Btw that's a nice fat smithi :3
I should probably scale back the feeding a bit. But it's so much fun to watch!

I also have to get used to the new scientific name for the species. It hasn't sunk in yet. :meh: