Please Help :)

Mdcrinos

Arachnopeon
I need some serious help!

I need everyone on this board to quit selling spiders and slings to me. The creatures started on top on a book shelf in the living room and now plastic containers, roach tubs, shipping boxes are slowly creeping throughout and taking over my house.

In the dead of night I wake to hear the sounds of crickets chirping and the scurrying of roaches as they stalk even more of the salad greens and the dog's food to devour.

My knowledge of other things is being replaced by how much a cricket needs to be divided to feed to 1/4 inch slings and my spare time is spent shopping for bargins on said crickets.

The Post office called and said they have yet another package.

LOL anyone need some tarantulas ;)

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I think you've got the T plague. I think a number of people here probably have it as well. Raises hand..."Hi, my name is Marga and I'm addicted to Tarantulas".

Good luck with that addiction. I dream of tarantulas every night. Not bad dreams, not scary dreams, just such that there is a tarantula somewhere in the dream.

If you feel compelled to pack some up and ship them away, I am sure there are some of us here on the boards that would be eager to help you in taking them off your hands...LOL!!

Marga

(And... the count is now 39...)

Mdcrinos

Arachnopeon
Nah, better hold on to them lol. The GF likes to point out I'm up to 47 :)

She doesn't know I have ten more coming in tomorrow and a deal for 10 more in the works lmao

Raine

Arachnopeon
I am quite familiar with this addiction and it has only been not even a week since I got my first T! I'm going to be getting an LP from Mack&Cass and hopefully a Brachy and GBB at the expo!

I agree with Marga. There are Ts in my dreams. And not in the scary way, there are pretty, colorful Ts and I want them all! :D Hopefully I can keep my numbers only to 12 or less. I think it'd be crazy to have 47! :}

Mdcrinos

Arachnopeon
47 is crazy huh??? LOL just wait ;)
Good luck with staying under 12:}
All but 12 are sings and I plan to trade some as they get older

Of course if the rosie and the apon actually took when I bred them the numbers could explode

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
lmao, i just hit 37 Ts today, with 21 scorpions, 1 black widow and 1 tailless whip scorpion.

Raine

Arachnopeon
47...37...21...:wall:

This hobby seems very, very dangerous suddenly. I am a collector by nature. I collect video games and books, figurines and manga/anime. And I'm a HUGE animal lover. I love getting new pets.

Am I in for this...? Will I end up someday with a whole wall of Ts? Maybe a few scorpions? Wouldn't keep a black widow I'm actually scared of true spiders with venom so darn strong. Brave of you, though! :D

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Well i have a brown recluse but they are very reclusive lol you don't see much of them. Although i still see him/her its strange to think such a small true spider can have such toxic venom.

TigerLily87

Arachnopeon
They are very addicting and also because they are all so different including their personalities!
We also have a common house spider as well as our Ts shes probably the most leathal when it comes to tackling her prey lmao!
And I agree I wouldn't be so sure about a spider with venom that potent! Really is amazing though that these tiny harmless looking things could bring down a man! You have to admire them......from far far away!

jonnyquong

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You can send some my way... I just made room for more by selling/trading 230 OBT slings. I'm back down to 40. :p

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I am NOT addicted to tarantulas. But once a week I black out and wake up with an empty bank account and a package at my door. :? Sneaky sellers! :p

Abby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hehehe yes, sneaky sellers.

I live about an hour away from Paul Becker which doesn't help my addiction, and I have an awesome spider friend about 20 minutes away. I've been in the hobby for a year and my count is up to 122. Now, out of those about 70 are not mine, I am fostering tiny baby A. avics for my spider friend. She is currently really busy feeding 268 E. pulcherrimaklaasi babies, known as Blue Femur tarantulas. Of course, everytime I go to her house I manage to come home with a vial or two :D

Not helping....sneaky sellers and awesome spider friends.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Hehehe yes, sneaky sellers.

I live about an hour away from Paul Becker which doesn't help my addiction, and I have an awesome spider friend about 20 minutes away.
I would be in trouble if i had locals like that.

spiderslight

Arachnopeon
Yeah i started with 1 tarantula for about 4 years then it exploded and i have over 100 right now.

cgiiid

Arachnopeon
oh theres no problem with sending a few T's my way i got my first brachy not too long ago and she is about to molt again i should have started with an adult but hey beginners learn the hard way :D:D