Please help with Wolf ID

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
Hi all! I'm new here, and I would like to ask for help to ID my 2 Wolf Spiders. The location where both were found is about 45 mi. south of Jacksonville, FL. The male is such a beautiful spider! He's so calm and laid-back, and is a neat-freak too! When he was given to me, I had only a smaller encloser, but that evening I bought a much bigger one. As I was ready for his transfer, I found that he'd already made a burrow. He loves it, so I left him alone. Less stress. :)
The female is much more shy and stays near her burrow. An excellent hunter, although she eats only 1 adult cricket per week. She is more skittish than the male. he I can hold in my hand, he's that calm-but my hand never leaves the enclosure. (Am no fool, these spiders are lightning-fast!)
Any help with ID is much appreciated, and thx in advance! :)
Later I will post pics of their enclosures, I must resize the pix 1st.
PS... If I make any errors with posting, please let me know-I'm still learning how to nagivate this awesome Site.
PSS...If more pix are needed, let me know ;-) S.

Last edited:

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
oops

:8o

First 3 pix are the Male, 4 & 5 the Female.
(Have patience, whilst I learn how to post, LOL) :8o
S.

Vespula

Arachnodemon
I'm not great at wolf spider ID's but they're cute. Very cute. {D

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
You have NO idea how cute they are! The pix don't do justice to these beauties. The male is such a calm spider, it's unreal. The only time he gets an "attitude" is if his burrow entrance is disturbed, and that is very slight! I will so miss this guy when he goes to The Big Web in the Sky.... :(
Thanks for the comments and for stopping by, Vespula! :)

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
They are BOTH H. lenta??? :eek: I thought I had 2 different.... wow...

The male has such brilliant clear colors, and he looks nothing like the pix I looked at... maybe he is a just-molted?

Heyyyyy... wouldn't it be cool to breed them???? I would LOVE to have 100's of slings!!!! :clap:

davisfam, ty so much for the ID!!!!! I am forever in your debt! :worship:

Do you have pics of yours? I would love to see them! S.

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
Oh... davisfam, I just found pics of your female... and it just so happens that my deceased female was named Mama too! Your female looks very nice! Here's an old pic of my Mama. She was bad-tempered, but I loved her! :)

Last edited:

davisfam

Arachnoknight
Oh, believe it or not.. our Mama is a beast and extremely fiesty as well although feeding time is never a bore, LOL. Check your inbox, please. We sent information about this species for more help with an exact ID.

Vespula

Arachnodemon
You have NO idea how cute they are! The pix don't do justice to these beauties. The male is such a calm spider, it's unreal. The only time he gets an "attitude" is if his burrow entrance is disturbed, and that is very slight! I will so miss this guy when he goes to The Big Web in the Sky.... :(
Thanks for the comments and for stopping by, Vespula! :)
You're welcome. I have a Rabidosa rabida that is super adorable. She's calm natured too, except when something is near her egg sac. {D

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
Jumping Spiders too :)

For those interested in Salticidae, look in My Images to see my Sweeties! ...opps... wrong thread? :wall:

Vespula

Arachnodemon
I had a large jumper lay an egg sac once. They're awesome little spiders. {D

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
They sure are! I love them!! So funny to watch them try to catch Phorid flies! I have raised slings from eggsack to adults, and loved every minute! LOL, no end to fun there! {D