Please help!!! this is urgent!!!

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
today i found my scolopendra supspinipes mutilans out of its hide and on the other side of the tank. i took my forceps and nudged it. the terminal legs responded and the head kind of twitched. i led it over to the water and got its head in there. i couldnt tell if it was drinking or not but it was very weak and not very defensive. i created a tarantula style icu with the paper towels and the water dish. when i was moving my dear centipede into the icu it curled its back legs but not the front. i put her in the icu and again led her head in the water. then i poked her back legs until they snapped out of the "death curl". she is now just sitting there. i think it is a problem with dehydration because only the back legs curled and she still maintained hydrolic pressure in the front.
any suggestions will be much appreciated.
thanks,
Dan

super-pede

Arachnobaron
centipedes can stress real easily.take the ICU and put it in her tank.the familiar ambiance will comfort her.instead of paper towels,use damp substrate so she can burrow and feel secure.leave her alone for awhile(1-2days) and don't even check on her.give her quiet time.then give us an update.

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would stop prodding her.
Just leave her be for a while, and make sure the towels stay damp.
I've had a lot of mutilans go like this, and then waste away unfortunately.
Rarely have I seen them get healthy again.

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
unfortunately all the advice given is all you can do, they usually don't make it back from this. I wish you well.

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
she died the next day. she had one of those black spiracles that were described in a previous post, from molts or whatever. its pretty unfortunate, she was cool. thanks for the info anyways

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sorry to hear about that. my M.G. is about to molt too, I'm hoping that nothing will go wrong. I've been having him since he was a pling. he is currently at 7"-8" so the next molt should bring him up to about 8"-9". he is about 4 years old.