PLEASE HELP!!!!! POSSIBLE NEMATODES!

Beckmanjessie

Arachnopeon
I have a problem, i introduced a cricket into my p. irminia enclosure and without my T killing it, the cricket died. It turned a pinkish red color and after further examination i saw that its insides were complete mush with no exoskeletal resistance. I then proceeded to extract the mush and look at it under a microscope. I saw these (shown in the pictures below at different levels of magnification) clear or somewhat opaque colored worms that i believe may be nematodes. If anyone with any experience in this could please assist as i have a fairly good collection of not only beautiful but expensive T's. Please anyone with knowlage to what these might be or methods to take there after.
Thank you. 20170421_151123.jpg 20170421_150919.jpg 20170421_145625.jpg 20170421_151123.jpg 20170421_150919.jpg 20170421_145625.jpg 20170421_150034.jpg 20170421_145958.jpg

Beckmanjessie

Arachnopeon
Also on a side note i have had issues with phorid flies where i live in florida, so if it could pretain to that as well any information would be greatly appreciated.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I'm wondering if those are possibly cricket eggs.. Hard to tell as I luckily haven't had problems with nematodes so far. As I Knock on wood, burn sage and look for a virgin to sacrafice to keep the todes away..

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
This is nuts. I am sorry I cannot contribute to anything. I am just watching this thread because this is just crazy...

How many crickets did you purchase? Do you have any more? Can you check the other crickets if you do have any more? where did you purchase the crickets from?

boina

Lady of the mites
Ok, these are NOT nematodes. Absolutely, definitely not. Trust a biologist :p. Nematodes aren't called Roundworms for nothing. Nematodes are round. They cannot flatten out or get any other shape because the only muscle fibers they have are longitudinal.
That said, those still look like parasites - but parasites are SPECIFIC. Cricket parasites will NOT infect a tarantula. Only tarantula parasites can infect a tarantula. Crickets may transmit parasites from one tarantula to another by transporting them, but these parasites (if that's what they are) lived inside a cricket. Ergo, they are cricket parasites.
Your tarantulas are safe. Really. Nothing is going to infect them.

boina

Lady of the mites
I'm wondering if those are possibly cricket eggs.. Hard to tell as I luckily haven't had problems with nematodes so far. As I Knock on wood, burn sage and look for a virgin to sacrafice to keep the todes away..
Unlikely. This does not look like an adult female cricket.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Unlikely. This does not look like an adult female cricket.
I'll trust your word seeing that your fancy pants biologist:p... Like that means anything:troll:.. Lol.

No seriously though I was thinking maybe she was young and the eggs were just starting to develop and that's why they look transparent? I don't know.. Lol..

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
I'll trust your word seeing that your fancy pants biologist:p... Like that means anything:troll:.. Lol.

No seriously though I was thinking maybe she was young and the eggs were just starting to develop and that's why they look transparent? I don't know.. Lol..
cricket does lack an ovipositor and seems fairly large. I'm guessing just cricket guts.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
cricket does lack an ovipositor and seems fairly large. I'm guessing just cricket guts.
I'm gonna go with the word of the biologist on this one.. But part of me still feels it's just cricket eggs or something.. The red color is weird as hell though.

boina

Lady of the mites

I'd think that eggs can only develope when an animal is mature and this one is lacking an ovipositor as @Toxoderidae just stated.

And I'd like to state I've no fancy pants at all - only jeans :p.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I'd think that eggs can only develope when an animal is mature and this one is lacking an ovipositor as @Toxoderidae just stated.

Maybe the OP clipped the ovipositor off so that it didn't lay eggs in his Ts enclosure.. Honestly I'm just grasping at straws at this point.. Lols

AntlerAlchemist

Arachnosquire
Weird, I was thinking eggs too. Is there any way the ovapositor got ripped or chewed off? Usually crickets are this color after molting and the exoskeleton is still soft. Maybe the ovapositor was damaged while the exoskeleton was soft.

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

Now how do you know if she is wearing pants, or not?

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
If your having a problem with florid flies. Could be fly maggots.
I had a dead cricket that color... T killed it but didn't eat. I'm sure it was not that color when I put it in.
I assumed it was from the T venom.
now I didn't pop the cricket so don't know about the insides.