Please help! My T has a lump!?

FatSpider

Arachnopeon
Guys I have a question. I am keeping my nhandu chromatus On dry coco fibre. I placed a hide onto it and placed the hide inside the coco fibre partially so it made a cave kinda. The next day she looked like she was enjoying burrowing into it more and she had made another entrance at the other hides end but she seems to spend quite a while on the glass. She is 3 inches in leg span so she is still quite small which might be why she is climbing a lot (just a guess). I am also assuming she doesn’t like the substrate then but then why would she make a den? I don’t see any webs from her but I don’t think this species webs at all. And all of a sudden today she paced around the terrarium for like 15 mins before finally coming to a rest. She likes to move around the terrarium then sit for along time before moving to another spot. Is she actively hunting or just exploring and mapping out her environment? She is small so I would have expected her to hide way more but she is in the open a lot. Is this something I should even worry about ? If you guys have ever kept this species please tell me what yours were like :bored:.

FatSpider

Arachnopeon
And also I keep her at at temperature of 24c to 27c and the humidity never goes below 60%

FatSpider

Arachnopeon
I fed her on the 30th July a dubia roach around the size of her abdomen+carapace (body length?) and she took it down and ate it so I am going to feed her every 7 days. Should I do it more often,Since nhandu chromatus is a very good eater? I also am wanting to keep her abdomen at 1.5x the carapace size to reduce the fatality chance if she ever falls and don’t want her to get fat since she likes to climb.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
I fed her on the 30th July a dubia roach around the size of her abdomen+carapace (body length?) and she took it down and ate it so I am going to feed her every 7 days. Should I do it more often,Since nhandu chromatus is a very good eater? I also am wanting to keep her abdomen at 1.5x the carapace size to reduce the fatality chance if she ever falls and don’t want her to get fat since she likes to climb.
I feed my juvies/adults every 8-10 days, once every seven days is good as well. It’s kinda difficult to go by size of the abdomen since sometimes they’ll bloat up pretty good after a meal, but obviously you want a nice happy medium. Be aware that it is truly difficult to starve a tarantula. You could probably get by feeding once a month without it being too terribly skinny, but I wouldn’t recommend that to a new owner. I just wanted to put that out there, so you knew you were definitely feeding correctly.:)

FatSpider

Arachnopeon
Ok I will feed her once a week a big fat juicy dubia roach around her body length. :D

FatSpider

Arachnopeon
She’s also made a web under her hide now so I guess she is making that her official home :happy: