Please Help!!!My scorpion is starving and won't eat

Nicohasfrogs

Arachnopeon
My scorpion is not eating and looks like he is underweight I constantly try to feed him but he still won't eat I checked my temperature and it was 80 degrees Fahrenheit and I have rocks and wood for it to hide under and aroun 6 inch thick substrate and I have had him for around 6 months now and has just randomly stopped eating I really need help please respond soon!!!!!

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
i dont keep scorps but your gonna need to provide more info in order for the members that do keep scorps to help you . what type of scorp is it/ post a pic of the entire set up you have it in currently how big is the scorp also if you have been constantly feeding it then its possibly in premolt . make use of the search function you might find the answers to your question if you look

Nicohasfrogs

Arachnopeon
It's not in premolt because it's active and it's an asian forest scorp

here's a picture IMG_20221005_212427.jpg

Nicohasfrogs

Arachnopeon
I mist 1-2 a day

And I don't think it's in molt since it just molted a month ago and it's not very obese because whenever it molts it becomes very obese before it molts

Centipedism

Arachnosquire
get a hygrometer. it's possible that if you have a screen lid, water is evaporating too fast. though by your picture, this probably isn't it though the shrunken abdomen is a symptom of desiccation. honestly, it looks terrible, i've never had a scorpion look that bad. what have you tried feeding it and how long has it not eaten for?

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
And I don't think it's in molt since it just molted a month ago and it's not very obese because whenever it molts it becomes very obese before it molts
Turn up the temperature to at least mid 80's.
Stop misting everyday.
Provide a proper hide, possibility 2, hides that the Scorpion can crawl under and feel safe.
It doesn't need rocks or bits of wood.
Many Asian Forests don't burrow like some species, they are quite happy under a good hide.
The type of hide it requires is a "U" shaped piece of cork bark, or similar, have the hide so that it's partly buried and that is only a little higher than the height of the scorpion, then it can squeeze in and feel secure.
Place the hide/s so that the rear is blocked off, they don't like open ended hides.
Place the hide so the rear is against the right or left side of the enclosure against the glass.
Don't have the hide facing you, so that you can see in, it wont go in.
This needs to be done ASAP as the Scorpion doesn't look too good.
All creatures need the correct heat for warmth and correct digestion, and they certainly WON'T eat if they don't feel secure.

Nicohasfrogs

Arachnopeon
well I thought he needed to dig since in his previous two molts he built a molting chamber under the substrate

I already have a piece of wood facing the other way and a piece of rock facing the other way and if feed him crickets

for as long as I know he has not eaten in 4 days because I don't check if he is eating or not so I don't bother him

The weirdest thing is that it is still highly active even during the day

get a hygrometer. it's possible that if you have a screen lid, water is evaporating too fast. though by your picture, this probably isn't it though the shrunken abdomen is a symptom of desiccation. honestly, it looks terrible, i've never had a scorpion look that bad. what have you tried feeding it and how long has it not eaten for?
but I have had it for 6 months and nothing like this has ever happened and has gone through 2 molts throughout the time of me keeping it

Nicohasfrogs

Arachnopeon
I went to school in the mourning to day and did eveything that Dry desert but then I came home from school and it was dead

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I went to school in the mourning to day and did eveything that Dry desert but then I came home from school and it was dead
Sorry about your loss.
The fact the Scorpion was active during the day should have told you something was wrong.
I think that the enclosure was way too wet, and although the temperature was 80, the Scorpion couldn't warm up properly due to the overly wet substrate.
If you consider getting another, before you do use the search function on this site and you will find all the care details you'll need.
Again sorry for your loss.

Centipedism

Arachnosquire
Sorry about your loss.
The fact the Scorpion was active during the day should have told you something was wrong.
I think that the enclosure was way too wet, and although the temperature was 80, the Scorpion couldn't warm up properly due to the overly wet substrate.
If you consider getting another, before you do use the search function on this site and you will find all the care details you'll need.
Again sorry for your loss.
this sounds right to me. placement of the temperature probe could've had something to do with a potentially incorrect reading. but sometimes, you do just get an unhealthy specimen.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
Very sorry for your loss. Sometimes they just have internal problems and die through no fault of the keeper.