Please help my p.metallica is male or female?

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I'm going to say you have a gorgeous baby girl
Are you basing your assumption on the distance between the book lungs, and the lack of a dot, my
P. metallica did have a spot, and less distance between the book lungs, I'm not saying your wrong just wondering why you have gone with female, I posted mines in the epiandrous fussilae (spelling?) media section, and was told it was a male.

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
Are you basing your assumption on the distance between the book lungs, and the lack of a dot, my
P. metallica did have a spot, and less distance between the book lungs, I'm not saying your wrong just wondering why you have gone with female, I posted mines in the epiandrous fussilae (spelling?) media section, and was told it was a male.
Definitely going on the space between the book lungs and the length of the epigastric furrow along with the absence of the dot.

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
Definitely going on the space between the book lungs and the length of the epigastric furrow along with the absence of the dot.
Another tell is that P.Metallica are slightly sexually dismorphic. But to me, it's way to slight to go on. Males tend to be a bit darker than females, but after about five years or so, female P.metallica become this dark rich bluish purple with slightly more striking greys, the greys become practically tans, that I love.

Last edited:

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Check the last ventral pic of the first post. See that half moon cluster of setae above the furrow that are not blue? That is the epiandrous fussillae.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
I personally can't see it. But if you can, you're better at it than I
Just noticed advan already replied explaining it, but I've already done it so might as well throw it up for others to get a look at. I knew I couldn't be the only one thinking clear male.
InkedIMG_3971_LI.jpg

What's the legspan anyways OP? Assuming it's a smaller guy since the pic looks like a macro.