Please Help, Millipede is dying!

One of my American Red Legged Millipedes is in the process of dying, I can only get slight movements when I stroke his body, and those are very weak. All of his legs are stiff and he's curled up in a C shape, is there anything I can do? I've had him for about 4 months and I really don't want to lose him now!

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
One of my American Red Legged Millipedes is in the process of dying, I can only get slight movements when I stroke his body, and those are very weak. All of his legs are stiff and he's curled up in a C shape, is there anything I can do? I've had him for about 4 months and I really don't want to lose him now!
That does not sound good. :( You could make sure that he is hydrated but I fear that he is beyond help. I lost several Narceus americanus in a similar manner and I wish I knew why. In my case, the only reason I can think of is that from July through October, the temperature would often get up to 80F in the apartment and maybe that was too warm for them to tolerate consistently.

I am very sorry for your loss! I don't know how easy it would be for you to acquire another, but I would be happy to send you some pedelings for shipping, if you would like (why my N. americanus pedelings continue to thrive while the adults died is a mystery to me). They are a little more than 4 months old and average 1.5 cm long.