Please, help me to ID this T

Daniela

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm Daniela, from Córdoba (Argentina). I caught this tarantula, and I'd like to know which species it is. A friend of mine told me that it could be an Acanthoscurria cordubensis, but another person told me that it also could be an Acanthoscurria musculosa. The tarantula was caught in my city (Córdoba). Could you help me to ID it?"

Thanks in advance, :)
Daniela

Last edited:

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Before everyone jumps in here trying to compare photos, please, spare yourself the confusion.
Try to have some taxonomical reason for your guesses.

Lets see the pic, see if we can help. :)

-Sean

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well... without pics it would be nearly impossible, even with pics it could be difficult, but without out them almost no way.

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Daniela is my friend, please, wait a sec, she forgot to put the photos, hahaha.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Before everyone jumps in here trying to compare photos, please, spare yourself the confusion.
Try to have some taxonomical reason for your guesses.

Lets see the pic, see if we can help. :)

-Sean
Yes Sir! :worship:

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i think Acanthoscurria musculosa in need of a molt... only reason i can tell from the pix is the stripes are more pronounced than the Acanthoscurria cordubensis i have seen pix of.. in fact they are almost non existant on the cordubensis...but then again colors are not much to go on but i think color patterns are a little better when it comes to lef striping and all .

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Sorry, I do not know enough about Acanthoscurria to distinguish that specimen between musculosa and cordubensis. I know of no taxonomical differences.

PM TheNatural, he may be able to help.

-Sean