please help me identify my T!

webminded24

Arachnopeon
i got this from a friend, 2 weeks ago. he said its a B klaasi, but he doesnt look too sure.. i was doing research by matching pictures.. but its hard.. so far to me it looks like G grossa, also looked like N carapoensis.. or a G mollicoma or G alticeps? im not sure. he also said this is 7 months old and legspan is 2".. please help me..

Attachments

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it looks like the tarantula you need to send to me!!!!! lol , but the pink hairs are throwing me off , i really have no idea

HAGAR

Arachnosquire
Hey

well on the first pic id does seem to look like the g. Rosea, but if your friend is correct when he said 7 months old and you said its 2" then i cant see it being a rosea, they only reach 2" in wel over a year even 2 sometimes.

But same here i don't know what kind of t that is.

But its the kind that you will enjoy lol{d

hagar

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey

well on the first pic id does seem to look like the g. Rosea, but if your friend is correct when he said 7 months old and you said its 2" then i cant see it being a rosea, they only reach 2" in wel over a year even 2 sometimes.

But same here i don't know what kind of t that is.

But its the kind that you will enjoy lol{d

hagar
Agreed with the statement of it being WAY to young to be a 2" G. rosea. Also, it would appear to be to big for it to be any of the Brachypelma, of the brachys ive owned/seen even the males take a year to reach 2-3" DLS. but, if its a male and its being well fed/heated then its possible to be that big. I would ask your friend if 7 months is the age or the time that he has owned it...that will help figure out if the age/growth rate is appropriate, which will in turn help identify the T a bit better.

a bit more information, at second glance the carapace and chelicerea appear to be similar in design to that of some sort of Grammostola.

Last edited:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Could it be Paraphysa scrofa. They look similar to G. rosea, but are much smaller. It doesn't appear to have that mirror match that P. scrofa are known for though.

Last edited:

webminded24

Arachnopeon
iasked my friend, he said this spider is 8 months old now. Yes he's had it for 7mos. As a sling, and he said they're growing fast.. Thank you s much for all the response!

Spiral_Stairs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Whatever it is, it's pretty. You should probably send it to me for further investigation. ;)