Please help me Id this problem

NIght Wolf

Arachnopeon
Good evening all, I am new here and I joined up because I need help.
First off I have kept Tarantulas for over a year now and my collection has grown very nicely in that time.

but today I found my Mature Male has white stuff around his mouth area. I need to know do I hve to worry or is this nothing to worry about and if so what do I do to fix the problem.. DSC_0126.JPG

Please help its really urgent

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
Does it look like little bumps? I can't see it real well in the photo, it just looks shiny. If it's bumpy, it could be mites.

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
I see that commonly on my arboreals when they defecate on the wall face down, chalky white like that is most likely just poop.

NIght Wolf

Arachnopeon
Hi It looks like a white powder, and there is no movement to make it look bump or anything, and the tarantula is eating and moving around as normal,
but I tride to clen it with a damp cloth and it did not come off at all

NIght Wolf

Arachnopeon
So you guys definitely don't think its parasite or anything like that, that I have to worry about?

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Okay, so let me get this straight. If it isn't bad enough that the little beasties smear their poop all over the walls of their enclosures, but they rub their mouths in it too? Good grief. :rolleyes:

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Okay, so let me get this straight. If it isn't bad enough that the little beasties smear their poop all over the walls of their enclosures, but they rub their mouths in it too? Good grief. :rolleyes:
Problem child with a potty mouth... I thought Ts were supposed to be easy to deal with! :rofl:

NIght Wolf

Arachnopeon
Hi Guys
just want to find out if I can rule out Nematodes?
if not what are the procedures to follow to get this ID-ed properly

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Hi Guys
just want to find out if I can rule out Nematodes?
if not what are the procedures to follow to get this ID-ed properly
Viper69 said earlier that basically he couldn't rule out anything medically from a picture.
If he's eating and drinking count it as a win.
If it's nematodes it's a loss.

Seems like there's a couple of people tonight from S. Africa ....

CindyMoon

Arachnopeon
Yes he is eating
Then I'd stop worrying for now and maybe just keep an eye on it. Make sure it feels good and has clean water :) It's probably just poop, but I have heard of a case where a tarantula kinda just got sick and ended up throwing up, but then recovered just fine.