Please help! L. parahybana sick!

Tzitzimitl

Arachnopeon
My parahybana juvie molted about two weeks ago. I thought he had made it through fine (he's eaten once), but now he's stumbling around on his knees and is barely responsive.

I normally keep his enclosure pretty dry, and he's doen fine that way, so I don't know what's wrong. Currently, he's in an ICU with a damp napkin and a dead cricket. Is there any thing else I can do?

Thank you for your help.

ScorpionFanatic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'd try to keep him moist. Mine does quite weel with damp soil. Hope he's ok, I love my LP

Johnny_27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Something similar happenned to me but it was a big blondi and she wasnt freshly molted. I fed her a hisser and I found her a few hours later all curled up. I put her in an ICU for the night and she was fine by morning. I dont know what it was because she's eaten the roaches before and never had a problem but that was the only thing out of the ordinary so Im curious to know what your paryhabana has eaten too.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
it may be badly dehydrated,try putting it in very shallow,i mean very shallow water in a container,water just touching the bottom of it's legs,ive saved a few t's that way(ofcourse if it is dehydrated) you will see it start to drink right away,hope he pulls threw for ya.

Tzitzimitl

Arachnopeon
He had a small cricket, from Petco (if that makes a difference). I know he ate it because there was a bolus in the enclosure. There was no odd behavior prior to around yesterday.

I'd read that paras can be kept relatively dry- the ICU does seem to be helping, though, so that'll learn me to trust the internet. He's slightly more responsive now. When I move the ICU he'll flinch. Before, I'd open the enclosure and there'd be nary a reaction.

On a related note, I primarily use kritter keepers for my juvies and subadults. My house is very dry, especially in winter. Should I start putting saran wrap over part of the top to keep in moisture?

I have a G. aureostriata juvie, C. crawshayi sling (burrowed), P. irminia subadult, and B. emilia in KKs. They all seem to be doing fine, but so did the para.

Thanks again for all your help.

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
He had a small cricket, from Petco (if that makes a difference). I know he ate it because there was a bolus in the enclosure. There was no odd behavior prior to around yesterday.

I'd read that paras can be kept relatively dry- the ICU does seem to be helping, though, so that'll learn me to trust the internet. He's slightly more responsive now. When I move the ICU he'll flinch. Before, I'd open the enclosure and there'd be nary a reaction.

On a related note, I primarily use kritter keepers for my juvies and subadults. My house is very dry, especially in winter. Should I start putting saran wrap over part of the top to keep in moisture?

I have a G. aureostriata juvie, C. crawshayi sling (burrowed), P. irminia subadult, and B. emilia in KKs. They all seem to be doing fine, but so did the para.

Thanks again for all your help.
I suggest keeping ventilation good so I would not do the saran wrap, to give a little moisture to any species that needs it a little just overfill the waterdish a little, good to hear it's much more responsive may just be a really dehydrated T after a molt...best wishes!

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

L.para come from brazil. now Brazil has a very weird climate. You see the driest parts of brazil get around 700 mm of rain or about 30 inches which is a little bit dryier then seatle or portland.

The wetest parts of brazil get around 2500 mm of rain. which is about 100-120 inches of rain. Now the areas where L. para are found, get about 1500 mm of rain, which is about 75 inches of rain.

According to where the species naturally evolved, what do we think the humidity and availability of water may be like?

Marcelo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
"My parahybana juvie molted about two weeks ago. I thought he had made it through fine (he's eaten once), but now he's stumbling around on his knees and is barely responsive."

"I normally keep his enclosure pretty dry, and he's doen fine that way, so I don't know what's wrong. Currently, he's in an ICU with a damp napkin and a dead cricket. Is there any thing else I can do?"

"Thank you for your help."

give her some water inmediately, I lost my 9" T., Blondi because of that

Good luck