please help identify TARANTULA

bayousouth

Arachnopeon
Hi Yall
I need some help.
We moved to Cebu, Philippines from Louisiana, USA 4 weeks ago.
I have been here 9-10 times b4, and was expecting some CREATURES, but NOT a TARANTULA...... IN MY HOUSE!

I got bit twice by a brown recluse 10 months ago in Louisiana, so I hope Yall understand why I took drastic action against the spider when I walked in and saw it on the living room wall, 3 feet above my yorkshire terrier.

when it was on the wall, spread out it was approx 3 inches.
after I swatted it, I put a PESO beside it which is slghtly larger than a US QUARTER.
I dont recall it having hairy legs like most of the tarantulas in pics i've looked at ALL LAST NITE!

below are pics of it.
any help would be greatly appreciated!

thnx Yall,

Bubba............

SOMAMEDS.COM/TARANTULA~1.JPG
SOMAMEDS.COM/TARANTULA~2.JPG
SOMAMEDS.COM/TARANTULA~3.JPG

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
sorry, i can't see the pics.

your action aside (i can see how not everyone is concerned about the wellbeing of tarantulas, especially when they 'invade'), a 3" spider without hairy legs on a house wall doesn't sound like a tarantula.

there are tarantulas in the phillipines, but as far as i remember most are burrowers and thus wouldn't hang around on walls but well, burrow. most likely you killed a true spider and not a taranula, if that makes any difference to you.

but if you are afraid that it is dangerous and need identification, we need pictures.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
strange, i could see the pics after a second try...

well, that doesn't look like a tarantula, it's most likely some kind of true spider. but the pics are too blurry to tell you more, at least for me.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I cant see the pics........ not even after a second and third try. :8o

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Must drink more coffee,

Ok well that is not a tarantula and is a true spider. Which one? I have no clue but I will stay tuned cause I am sure someone will know. Almost looks like the wolf spiders I see my the river. But I am ignorant when it comes to scientific names for true spiders.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sorta looks like some sort of Huntsman but you really can't tell.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
that is the second time you say that in reply to one of my posts today talkenlate. maybe you should get some sleep... or how about coffee? {D

think it is a wolf spider as well, and i am as well ignorant about their scientific names and venom.

how about you post this in the true spider forum bayousouth? i suppose you will get more knowledgable answers there.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Almost looks like the wolf spiders I see my the river.
My by, my the river, by the river. What the heck.......:embarrassed:

You ever have one of those sleeps where your eyes close and seeminly 3 seconds later the alarm is going off and its time for work. Ya thats me today. Clearly by my typing I need coffee. Only 10 hours and 52 minutes left of my shift. :rolleyes:

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, it's definitly a ssp. of huntsman(giant crab spider) the way the legs are positioned, could heteropda ssp. but the pics are alittle blurry though.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hm, could be venomous then.

fortunately, i've only 1 hour of work left talkenlate. i know those days, but today i'm only feverish. :wall: my boss already told me to go home, but someone's got to finish this stuff on my desk and everyone else is already busy... also, i want a promotion this year ;)

bayousouth

Arachnopeon
hi Yall
thnx for all of ur help.
sorry so long getting back to yall, but i had to VACATE the house

the day after posting my thread, my daugher saw another spider of what she described as the SAME spider that I killed.
so we went to a hotel for a couple days till i got a chance to spray the house
only kind of spray i could find was raid insect spray

i just sprayed tonite, so i dunno if it works or not
btw..... was googleing the huntsman, and i got confilcting info. some people say that species is venomous while others say its HARMLESS
I did see a feature that the spider i saw had 100% for SURE, and thats the boxing gloves things on its front legs
does that mean it is 100% SURE its a Heteropoda venatoria ?

also, IS it poisonous or HARMLESS?
and.......... HOW do i get them OUT of my house?

funny thing is, ALL my 50yrs of life, have Been TERRIFIED of SNAKES, and just AVOIDED all spiders.
In june of 2004, I was in my pasture in Louisiana with open toed sandles and took a bite from a copperhead on the big toe.
it HURT LIKE HELL
i came close to jabbing a knife in my toe hoping it would relieve the swelling and pain until i got to the ER.
i was REALLY terrified of snakes after that, but when i took those 2 recluse bites last year, my snake phobia gave way to ARACHNAPHOBIA, and i went thru 5-10 cans of insect spray weekly, and didnt touch ANYTHING around my house UNLESS I had on GLOVES or aTOWEL in my hand

with all the insects in the Philippines, i had ALMOST gotten used to being "around" bugs........... UNTIL the incident the other night.
sorry about the crappy pics, but QUALITY of photos was the LAST thing on my mind when i saw the spider, i just wanted a pic in case it got away.
and yes it WAS LIGHTING FAST!

thnx for your help Yall
GOD.......... I don't know HOW Yall do what you do handling spiders, and I rode BULLS for14 yrs, so you think I would Be FEARLESS :)

Regards,
Bubba................

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer

fortunately, i've only 1 hour of work left talkenlate. i know those days, but today i'm only feverish. :wall: my boss already told me to go home, but someone's got to finish this stuff on my desk and everyone else is already busy... also, i want a promotion this year ;)
of course its venomous its a spider lol

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hi Yall
thnx for all of ur help.
sorry so long getting back to yall, but i had to VACATE the house

the day after posting my thread, my daugher saw another spider of what she described as the SAME spider that I killed.
so we went to a hotel for a couple days till i got a chance to spray the house
only kind of spray i could find was raid insect spray

i just sprayed tonite, so i dunno if it works or not
btw..... was googleing the huntsman, and i got confilcting info. some people say that species is venomous while others say its HARMLESS
I did see a feature that the spider i saw had 100% for SURE, and thats the boxing gloves things on its front legs
does that mean it is 100% SURE its a Heteropoda venatoria ?

also, IS it poisonous or HARMLESS?
and.......... HOW do i get them OUT of my house?

funny thing is, ALL my 50yrs of life, have Been TERRIFIED of SNAKES, and just AVOIDED all spiders.
In june of 2004, I was in my pasture in Louisiana with open toed sandles and took a bite from a copperhead on the big toe.
it HURT LIKE HELL
i came close to jabbing a knife in my toe hoping it would relieve the swelling and pain until i got to the ER.
i was REALLY terrified of snakes after that, but when i took those 2 recluse bites last year, my snake phobia gave way to ARACHNAPHOBIA, and i went thru 5-10 cans of insect spray weekly, and didnt touch ANYTHING around my house UNLESS I had on GLOVES or aTOWEL in my hand

with all the insects in the Philippines, i had ALMOST gotten used to being "around" bugs........... UNTIL the incident the other night.
sorry about the crappy pics, but QUALITY of photos was the LAST thing on my mind when i saw the spider, i just wanted a pic in case it got away.
and yes it WAS LIGHTING FAST!

thnx for your help Yall
GOD.......... I don't know HOW Yall do what you do handling spiders, and I rode BULLS for14 yrs, so you think I would Be FEARLESS :)

Regards,
Bubba................
fearless isnt the word id use for bull riding lol

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Wow. I wouldn't even consider occupying a space that had just been sprayed down with a cloud of pesticides. That would send me running LONG before a couple of spiders would.

common spider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Do you know everytime you kill a spider that when you go to sleep as many as 5 will bite you in bed to avenge the death of the one you killed.:evil: