Please help ID

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bought this at the pet store last week, All they said was it was a pink toe. At first I thought it was a Avicularia geroldi but now that its eating and in the proper humidity it seems to of gotten a little more color to it. That or its abdomen being larger just makes it seem so.
At any rate if some of you with experience with these could venture a guess it would be great. Its about 3" long. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

sparular

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think it's probably Aviculari avicularia. Of the Avicularia they are most likely to be labeled as simply "pink toe". Most pet stores sell less expensive and common species like Avic. avic. Avic avic. I have only kept 2 avic. species, but it looks like Avicularia avicularia to me. Get an opinion from an avic expert. Good luck in IDing it.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It could be anything. There are so many different avics that there is no telling exactly what it is for sure unless you know exactly where it came from.

lizmotobike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it looks kind of like my A. versicolor did without the red hairs on the abdomin. i can not tell you more than that as turbo passed and i did not have a good camera at that point.

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That looks like an Avicularia avicularia to me. Definately not A. versicolor

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks, I was thinking Avic. avic but wasn't sure. I dont think it is that important as far as care. But was pretty sure my first guess was wrong. Also noticed that at that size colors seem to vary some so I guess its wait and see for sure.
I'm real happy with it regardless of what it is. Its very calm and very hungry. I see more avics in the future. It so far is the calmest T I have ever owned. Till you drop a cricket in there anyway. It is quick when it wants to eat.
Thanks for the replies.