Please help I.D. mystery T!

x Mr Awesome x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So I bought this gal from my local pet store for only $5 and I have absolutely no idea what she is. She was not labeled anything other than Peruvian Red Rump, I think. I could totally be making that up. Anyway, she has pretty typical characteristics and from a distance looks about like a Brachypelma vagans. She is considerably more 'wooly' though. The urticating hairs are also more orange than red and not very prominent. One more thing about this girl; she is very defensive! She is super quick to throw up a threat display with minimum provocation. She molted very recently so hopefully the shot of the spermathacae will help narrow it down a bit. Thanks in advance!

defensiveness

spermathacae

-ben

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How big is she Deff looks like a B. vagans the reds arent that bright but it could be a old girl. The hair color around the carapace is the same like my B. vagans.
Are there any red hairs on the iii and iv leg on her it could be a species that look like B. vagans I cant remember ther names of the top of my head.

Last edited:

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sericopelma rubronitens?

Nevermind, I see this species is already mentioned :eek:

Last edited:

x Mr Awesome x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Brachypelma "albovagans". :p

Considering that I know nothing o the history of this t that could certainly be a possibility. The carapace has a mossy green sheen to it. She is currently about 4" so I would t imagine her being all that old. She is literally as defensive as a Haplopelma, no joke. Could anyone provide some spermathacae pics for comparison?

Cbarr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
From the general shape of the spermathacae i will say B. angustum

c

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
On the other hand, if it's a hybrid, imo it's a prime example of why hybrids should not be tolerated.
You mean why "hybridization" should not be tolerated right?

Well after looking at some pics of sabulosum and angustum, I'm gonna have to agree that's it's one of those. The hairs on those species look a lot like my albos, but I guess my albos is a tad curlier.

x Mr Awesome x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think it looks exactly like Brachypa angustum. I believe this is the match! Mine has the same greenish carapace and wooliness.