Please Help Breeding Mexican Fireleg/Brachypelma Boehmei

elecoj

Arachnopeon
Questions

1. I have a mature male B. Boehmei how many sperm web he can make?
2. If he is mature how long he will live?
3. Is it easy to breed a B. Boehmei?
4. My female last molt was October 29, 2010 shes about 5 inches now is she ready to be breed?
5. How many sling she can make ?

Pls help me with my breeding project give me some pointers. To those who have experience in breeding this species i will gladly to learn from your experience please share it with me thanks a lot.

Last edited:

widowmaker03

Arachnopeon
your mature male will probably last 6 months to a year after his molt. The female is definitely ready to breed and I wouldn't wait too much longer either. The window for breeding Brachy species to my understanding is about a month. After breeding there is a cooldown time where you need to put the female in around 65 degrees for a around a month. Then after that you warm her back up to the warmer 75-80 temp. The process will end up taking around 9 months... the reward will be a sack of 500-1000 babies... if she doesn't eat her sack.

elecoj

Arachnopeon
your mature male will probably last 6 months to a year after his molt. The female is definitely ready to breed and I wouldn't wait too much longer either. The window for breeding Brachy species to my understanding is about a month. After breeding there is a cooldown time where you need to put the female in around 65 degrees for a around a month. Then after that you warm her back up to the warmer 75-80 temp. The process will end up taking around 9 months... the reward will be a sack of 500-1000 babies... if she doesn't eat her sack.
thanks sir