Please confirm guys

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
[/color]

Please help confirm the gender of my T. Posted in the sexing forum but still received no reply til now. TIA!

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Clearer pics would help, perhaps that is why you have not gotten an answer in the sexing forum.

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Speaking for myself I decided not to provide an ID on sex because you're asking for a ventral sexing, something that's often no more than a guide, a 50/50 choice.
Some people believe in sexing small Ts using Rick West's(?) method but its not something I trust myself to do.
To get a ventral sexing correct you need to identify the epiandrous glands and the thick patch of hairs above the epigastric furrow to determine male or lack of to determine female. However its not easy to spot this and therefore requires a good clear pic, some experience and an ID of the T concerned.

nickulas

Arachnopeon
yes you need to provide a clearer picture and with ventral sexing its not as accurate as spermatechae sexing...

fatich

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey Bosing if you ask me l will say %99.9 female Monocentropus balfouri!!

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks guys for giving time.

@ Proxicator - Thanks. I know its never a sure fire method. Eventually the exuvium will determine the gender. Just can't wait for the next molt, that's why.

The reason why I put it on the boards is for the other owners of the same specie to help out. Maybe they were able to observe their Ts when they were at this size and by now they have confirmation of the gender.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thank you all. I will powerfeed the Tarantula up to the next molt. See if we can get a confirmation by then. Again, thanks.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
here is the same tarantula. I was able to grab hold of an extension tube. Can you guys reconfirm?

here are other slings of the same specie. Please confirm as well.

Balfouri # 1

Balfouri # 3

fatich

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
1st picture is female.
2nd picture is female but I am not totally sure.
3rd picture is male.

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would say first is female, second is male and third is male. Happy New Year!

-Rob

MrDusty

Arachnopeon
I would say first is female, second is male and third is male. Happy New Year!

-Rob
I'll have to agree here, the first one is the only one that looks female to me, but this gives you twice the chances at a good sac ;).

DansDragons

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
1 and 2 are definitely female, no question there IMO. 3 is an obvious male.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Just to keep a tally.

1st photo - 8 female votes (including earlier posts)
2nd photo - 2 female votes, 2 male votes
3rd photo - 4 male votes.

I guess I have one confirmed female, one confirmed male, and the other one is still unsexed. Thanks, AB!