playful H. lividum

Wink

Arachnopeon
I thought i'd share my interesting experience i had today with my cobalt blue. so i was feeding my T's today, and noticed that the cobalts burrow looked like it caved in...so i look at the underneath of the enclosure to confirm, and it looked like there was also possible mold growing so i decided its time to rehouse just in case. so i finally get the cobalt dug up from the cave in, and suprisingly s/he is not defensive what so ever. BUT...then i decided to use tongs to convince him to go into a catch cup for transfer to the new enclosure...when s/he decided to run up the tongs, up my arm onto my shoulder and continually tried to bite me in the face atleast 8 times lol. if that doesnt get the blood flowing i dont know what will! luckily its still rather small (about 2 1/4") but still, i didnt particularly want to get bit in the face multiple times...after several failed attempts of him biting me in the face, he calmed down and i manage to get a lid from the catch cup between my face and the fangs lol. after awhile longer, i coax him into my hand and to my disbelief, no threats what so ever...but when s/he crawls out of my hand and into the new enclosure, BOOM threat pose and lunge at my hand...luckily i didnt get bit lol.

the only enclosure i had readily available was a 5 gal, which yes i know is way too large, but its fine, gives space for growing. i also dont see them getting too stressed about such a large enclosure once they establish their burrow. i started a burrow for it against the glass and it took to it right away and started to finish constructing where i left off. anyways, i just thought i would share, i thought it was pretty funny. just wondering if anyone else has a similar story with cobalts that they would like to share? :?

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well last night I was feeding one of my ~2" H. lividum a mealworm and every time I dropped it into the entrance of its burrow, it would roll it back out with its feet. Did it about 3 or 4 times. I was laughing so hard. Woke up this morning and it was finally eating it.

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I always hear about hyper-defensive H. Lividums, but my adult female is content with hiding in her burrow.
Never actually seen a threat pose from her, and I've had her for several years now.

Armstrong5

Arachnosquire
my cobalt is kinda funny like that loves to make it interesting...digging them up is always fun bc you dont know how they will act. Never been bit but your walking on thin ice when they leave you no option but to handle them. sometimes all goes well but sometimes you get nothing but threats.

Wink

Arachnopeon
my cobalt is kinda funny like that loves to make it interesting...digging them up is always fun bc you dont know how they will act. Never been bit but your walking on thin ice when they leave you no option but to handle them. sometimes all goes well but sometimes you get nothing but threats.
i agree lol...i was almost positive i was getting bit, got lucky this time i suppose :)