Playful bite?

DireWolf0384

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Our cat has this habit of biting us and I cannot tell if shes ticked or if its a playful bite. We think she was taken from the mother at a very young age. Its not a hard bite but it can sting a little bit. The question us, how do we get her to stop biting and how do we tell a playful bite from a bite of aggression? She is a VERY playful cat. Shes less than a year old.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Our cat has this habit of biting us and I cannot tell if shes ticked or if its a playful bite. We think she was taken from the mother at a very young age. Its not a hard bite but it can sting a little bit. The question us, how do we get her to stop biting and how do we tell a playful bite from a bite of aggression? She is a VERY playful cat. Shes less than a year old.
If a cat is aggressively biting, you would probably have a hole in your hand right now. {D My cat does the same thing. She likes to grab my arm, bite, and kick while playing rough. The best thing to do is to not encourage it. Stop playing with her when she starts to bite and ignore her for a couple of minutes. Then, start playing with her again if you want. She's playing with you as she would with her siblings.

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Get a laser pen,your cat will forget about you.Or spray it in the face with some water!:evil:

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Get a laser pen,your cat will forget about you.Or spray it in the face with some water!:evil:
Don't spray the cat in the face. This is horrible advice. In fact, don't use a spray bottle as an initial option. Try positive behavioral correction first. Only if nothing else works would I use a spray bottle (and not ever in the face).

DireWolf0384

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks for the advice guys, I will try this. Shes the only cat we will be getting so we may as well try and get along, lol.

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My cat ,daisy, does the same thing. After I pet her a bit she goes crazy and bites my hand latches on with her front hand and kicks with her back legs. I have scars all over my arm. She's just being playful and she's a sweet cat that hasn't been completely domesticated.