Platymeris sp mombo not breeding

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
I have two males one female and there not breeding. I have glued in there enclosure a cork sheet (to the backing), put a heat pad underneath said enclosure, and put in a nice dish of cocofiber (damp). It has been a month since they were adults. What else do I need to do?

basin79

ArachnoGod
Just give them time.

Before long you'll be finding loads of eggs and or nymphs.

shutout2000

Arachnoknight
Yeah, i would have
Just give them time.

Before long you'll be finding loads of eggs and or nymphs.
I would have to agree with this guy. patience goes a long ways. By the way your signature made me laugh! :D

Jacob Ma

Arachnoknight
Aren't they a long-lived insect species? I would assume that because of their generally longer lifespan that it would take some time before they start to reproduce. Have you kept them in the same enclosure when and when not breeding, or have you only introduced them to breed? The insects might prefer some extent of privacy while mating, so I don't think they would attempt to do so in the clear presence of a much larger individual.

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
I put them all in the same enclosure. Along with there enclosure being in a dark area.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
They usually lay their eggs under objects on top of substrate, I don't think one dish of coconut fiber is gonna cut it. I could be wrong, but I think for a breeding enclosure you need substrate along the whole floor of the enclosure. Maybe @Elytra and Antenna or @Lucanus95 can chime in on the matter.

Lucanus95

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As I've told you before, you likely won't witness mating with this species. Just give them time and give them moist substrate to lay eggs in.

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
Would a piece of cork do? I tried using a floor of it on the enclosure floor, (it was moist) but they didn't lay eggs on it.

Lucanus95

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They lay eggs directly into substrate so you don't need cork. Just give them time.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've seen people find their eggs after totally going through the substrate, they may bury them as well...

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
If you feel like separating the eggs from the adult enclosure, be sure to let them dry out. My P. biguttatus eggs have been having problems with mold.

My first nymph hatched on March 19 and it molted to subadult on May 25.

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
upload_2018-10-7_13-11-38.png
I'm sorrey for digging up a thread just for a joke. But this is gold :rolleyes:

Josh215

Arachnopeon
KevinsWither, I tried messaging you but it looks like your inbox is full. Any chance you have Mombo nymphs for sale? If so, please message me when you get a chance. Thanks!