Plants safe for Ts?

Embers To Ashes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I kind of want to do a bit of remodeling for my Ts. Im thinking of making a backdrop and planting some plants and the whole shebang. What types of plants are HARMFUL to Ts? I think the "not good" list will be alot shorter than the "good" list, if you know what Im talking about. If it helps, they are all A. versis. 1 (will be 2 on thursday) adult and a spiderling. The adults have 10 galons, and the little one will move to a mid sized kritter keeper after she graduates from the jelly jar.

And I like carnivorus plants, but I dont think thats a good idea...

I thought i posted this before but ran a search and nothing came up... maybe it was another site.

Thanks!

TreeGuy

Arachnopeon
No such thing as a carnivorous plant, rather their all insectavorus.

Putting t's in with plants like pitcher plants, sundews and fly traps is foolish at best. Even if the T is big enough and lucky enough to escape them they are likely to eat the feeder bugs.

Some plants I would recommend are Pothos, Tillandsia sp. (particularily spanish moss), Hedera helix, Fittonia, Sansevaria, various Orchids.

Basically any house plant that likes the conditions that the T does, and is not known to be toxic to people and animals should be fine for your T.

Pothos is the big one I would highly recommend, all of my Avic and Poecilotheria vivs have some in them.

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There was a discussion somewhere else on the boards that said yes the pothos are good for the dweller in the tank but the feeders which ate them were poisoned, something about a toxin which prevented the absorbtion of calcium?.that ill effect could be then transfered to the animals intended to eat the feeder..I am just mentioning this because I think it's correct, feel free to right my wrong if I am way off base.

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would recomend Bromelliads also, They grow amazingly in terrariums!