Plants in a p. Murinus closure?

Pmurinushmacla

Arachnobaron
I'm planning on getting a 1.5 inch p. Murinus sling and I was wondering if they tolerate plants/a little wet substrate around the plants. I plan on making a drainage layer and putting in springtails, but if the excess water could potentially kill the p. Murinus I dont want to do it. I've heard you can just provide a water dish for them and they're fine but I haven't heard if they really dislike humidity.

Horned baboon

Arachnopeon
Temperatures in their burrows differ from environmental temperatures. Temperature: 24°C-28°C (day), 20°C-24°C (night). Humidity: 40-60%. Just a quick spray would be fine. Too much would cause mold

Pmurinushmacla

Arachnobaron
Temperatures in their burrows differ from environmental temperatures. Temperature: 24°C-28°C (day), 20°C-24°C (night). Humidity: 40-60%. Just a quick spray would be fine. Too much would cause mold
Interesting. I've seen some people say up to 80% humidity as they seem to be more active then and because they are active in the humid season or something. Appreciate the response

Tarantulafeets

Arachnobaron
Never kept these but I'm pretty sure that they prefer dry sub, so maybe a spineless succulent? Humidity doesn't really matter, and a water dish will do.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
I have a couple of P. murinus slings. They prefer it dry as adults and only a very little moisture in the sub as slings.
Live plants would likely make it too moist and humid. Better to leave them out all together.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
I have a couple of P. murinus slings. They prefer it dry as adults and only a very little moisture in the sub as slings.
Live plants would likely make it too moist and humid. Better to leave them out all together.
Agreed with this advice. ;-)

Interesting. I've seen some people say up to 80% humidity as they seem to be more active then and because they are active in the humid season or something. Appreciate the response
Care to share the source for this information?

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Agreed. I have two of these and they like it dry. I would choose a moisture dependent species to go bioactive with, but honestly I think bioactive is better with crested geckos or frogs.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
agreed. My P Murinus have always been kept in dry sub. Never had issues that way. Unless you can find some sort of low water species I'd avoid

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Not only would their moisture needs make it almost impossible for their sub to support most any plant, they'll web the hell out of it. It wouldn't survive it. Bad for both.
Don't believe me? Put a plastic aquarium plant in and watch that sukka dissappear.

Pmurinushmacla

Arachnobaron
Agreed with this advice. ;-)

Care to share the source for this information?
Once on a thread herehttps://amp.reddit.com/r/tarantulas/comments/32m1ze/obt_care/
I could find more instances if you'd like but if you search obt humidity that's the first thing that pops up

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Wouldn't work. They like a dry environment, and they also LOVE to trash their enclosures. Burrowing, webbing, rearranging decorations, etc.

thatdadlife619

Arachnoknight
Thats not right at all. This is a dry species, plain and simple

TheInv4sion

Arachnobaron
I keep my slings (and adults but dont have any currently) bone dry with a water dish always available. Seems to work just fine.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Same as the others, my sling is dry and I mist the web since there’s no room for a water bowl until it’s larger.

It will most likely web up anything in site and I’d be willing to be you’ll have a dead plant in no time because the web is so thick water would be lucky to penetrate down to the soil. Then you’re stuck with a nasty decaying dead plant and dealing with removing it and potentially an unhappy camper as you destroy it’s hard work.

This was flat substraight with a small cork bark and a fake leaf. Looked pretty for a couple of days, now it looks freaking awesome. Web castle of whatever it wanted to use to build its mini empire.

F1BA46AC-FC7B-415F-9EDB-1E0C24803AF3.jpeg

TheInv4sion

Arachnobaron
Also personally I dont see the point of putting live plants in an OBT enclosure because they will web the hell out of it fake plants maybe but even then it all just becomes a curtain of white eventually