• New Classifieds - Open Beta

The New Classifieds have entered Open Beta status and are now viewable to all registered users.

Our New Classifieds can be reached by clicking "Classifieds" in the forum toolbar or menu. Any ads posted in the New Classifieds should be considered "real ads" and must follow our updated Classifieds Terms and Rules. Ads that do not meet our updated Classifieds Terms and Rules will be deleted, and warnings, without points, will be issued. While our current Classifieds forums will remain viewable during the Open Beta period, and current ads posted there can be bumped, new ads must be posted in our New Classifieds so you can familiarize yourself with the new format. The Classifieds forums will be closed once the Open Beta period ends.

A tutorial on how to use the New Classifieds has been created and can be found here.

• The Review forums are closed to new reviews.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews.

Information on how to use our new Reviews section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Plano Pets - Plano(Dallas), Texas

G

Greg

Negative

Talk about a mess! This had to be the dirtiest, most uneducated petstore I have ever been in.
Inverts on sand and wood chips, sponges instead of bowels, and you should have seen
bird setups! 3 LARGE blue and gold macaw babies in one 20 gallon high tank. I know hand
feeding birds are commonly housed in tanks, but I have never seen 3 of them in a space large enough for 1. Take care !

splangy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't know if they changed since this post was written, or if I just see things through rose-colored glasses, but I've been pretty impressed by this pet store. There's at least two guys that work there and know about tarantulas. They can tell you anything you want to know about the species that they have for sale, and they're dead-on as far as I can tell. They don't have a super-wide assortment to choose from, but they have some good stuff (there's a nice mature cobalt blue there right now. :) )

The arrangements are not fantastic (example, the CB, didn't have a ton of substrate to burrow into -- but then... it would be hard to sell and extricate a CB that was deep underground). I think for the most part, the terrariums are sufficient, and the Ts all look healthy, and beautiful. :)

maybe someone with more experience can tell me if i'm totally wrong.

Matt K

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I was in there recently, the manager made me a pretty decent deal on what I bought. The selection was really good for a local pet store, and from what I understand they have changed personell since 2002 when the original post was made. The guy that has been working with the tarantulas and reptiles is reasonably knowledgeable (speling?). Aquariums had a good and healthy selection too. They really do care for thier pet inventory- the manager was medicating a $12 lizard that arrived injured with some other reptiles they ordered when I came into the store. Positive experience overall, prices good-not great not expensive either.