Planning to keep a H. spinifer and P. imperator together

MasamuneX7

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They're both around the same size, and they're both communal species, though I'm not sure how they fare with one of a different species.

Good idea/bad idea?

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Are these your only arguments to put them together:confused: how do you know they require the same captive conditions and if not, how are you going to provide for this, keeping them both in one tank?
I think this is not a good idea. Scorpions are no pets, it isn't like putting a neon tetra and a goldfish together. Bad idea.

MasamuneX7

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Are these your only arguments to put them together:confused: how do you know they require the same captive conditions and if not, how are you going to provide for this, keeping them both in one tank?
I think this is not a good idea. Scorpions are no pets, it isn't like putting a neon tetra and a goldfish together. Bad idea.
Their conditions are very similar, temperature and humidity wise. I have the space for territory needs and enough food to provide them with.

ideas1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They have different temperaments. I have a P. Cav and it has similar habitat needs but I would never place it with the P. Imp.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
MasamuneX7 They actually do great together. I've kept them comunally together for over a year with no problems. If you have on;y one heat source they'll all share a hide near the heat with no problem. And if you turn off the heat you'll se them seperate .Pimps in one side and Hspins on the other. But I've seen as much fighting between them as I have just housing emps by them selves. Thats just my personal experiance. Right now I had complecations with stress that I killed my emps but I'm planning on buying some more to replace them.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I agree with not mixing scorpions of different kinds together, even if their requirements for keep are the same. I would feel bad enough to find out a scorpion ate its tank mate, but even worse if it was because I mixed them up.

Now if you put a secure tank divider in there it might work out for you, 1 tank to maintain and both would be isolated from each other. I've done that before with a 20 gallon long. I took a sheet of lexan and cut slots in it and put it floor to top. The humidity and heat would stay constant and the scorps would stay apart.

this is the thread I meant to reply to...

ideas1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I agree with not mixing scorpions of different kinds together, even if their requirements for keep are the same. I would feel bad enough to find out a scorpion ate its tank mate, but even worse if it was because I mixed them up.

Now if you put a secure tank divider in there it might work out for you, 1 tank to maintain and both would be isolated from each other. I've done that before with a 20 gallon long. I took a sheet of lexan and cut slots in it and put it floor to top. The humidity and heat would stay constant and the scorps would stay apart.

this is the thread I meant to reply to...
I agree, I have P. Cav and P. Emps same tank just divided them with glass.