Places With The Least Tarantula Regulations

Would You Rather

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FluffyTheSpider

Arachnopeon
Hi I am wondering what place is the best place to keep Tarantulas where there are no annoying bylaws cause where I live only 3 species are allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Can you please state exactly what by-laws you are referring to?

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
What governing body is issuing the ban? Is it like a Home Owners Association type thing?

The Seraph

Arachnolord
Hi I am wondering what place is the best place to keep Tarantulas where there are no annoying bylaws cause where I live only 3 species are aloud
As far as I know, North Korea has NO laws regarding tarantulas at all. You can keep all the tarantulas you want there! In all seriousness, I would go to wherever Tarantula Canada is based. They seem to have no problems there.

FluffyTheSpider

Arachnopeon
As far as I know, North Korea has NO laws regarding tarantulas at all. You can keep all the tarantulas you want there! In all seriousness, I would go to wherever Tarantula Canada is based. They seem to have no problems there.
yeah tarantula Canada is based in Quebec also ummm I don’t think North Korea is a good idea I mean I can get arrested just for watching a American movie

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
Laval, Quebec.

I feel like OP is talking about Toronto. Not sure what their laws are exactly, but I know they're really strict and recently a member on here had to sell their collection because their landlord found out.

The Seraph

Arachnolord
Nonsense. Northern Korea is true Korea. All hail Godkings Kims! *Obvious Sarcasm*
Laval, Quebec.

I feel like OP is talking about Toronto. Not sure what their laws are exactly, but I know they're really strict and recently a member on here had to sell their collection because their landlord found out.
Was that member you? If so, deepest of condolences.

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
Nonsense. Northern Korea is true Korea. All hail Godkings Kims! *Obvious Sarcasm*

Was that member you? If so, deepest of condolences.
No. I don’t actually live in Toronto, more like a 40 minute drive away. Don’t want to put my town as my location though :p My collection is doing quite well :)

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
I just read the ban and that’s incrediblely naive and heavy handed, like somebody did something stupid with an exotic animal and now it’s ruined for everyone because “oh no, we had best ban EVERYTHING so that never happens again”. This is why I often like animals better than people. Sorry this is hanging over OP’s head. Like it would have been so easy to green light whole genuses of NW Ts. But guess what this was written by bureaucrats that know a big old goose egg about theraphosid spiders.

FluffyTheSpider

Arachnopeon
I just read the ban and that’s incrediblely naive and heavy handed, like somebody did something stupid with an exotic animal and now it’s ruined for everyone because “oh no, we had best ban EVERYTHING so that never happens again”. This is why I often like animals better than people. Sorry this is hanging over OP’s head. Like it would have been so easy to green light whole genuses of NW Ts. But guess what this was written by bureaucrats that know a big old goose egg about theraphosid spiders.
our town was pretty late on animal laws just 5 years ago you could keep crocodilians and venomous snakes then they just made almost every thing illegal

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
My state in the US used to be one of the most lax in exotic ownership laws until a guy committed suicide after releasing 30-40 lions, tigers, leopards, giant pythons and bears into the local countryside, now it’s cracked down but as far as I know nothing has been done to ban spiders.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
https://www.winnipeg.ca/cms/animal/pdfs/Schedule_A.pdf Here is the full list number 12 is arachnids
Madness, they banned even bats. How someone is supposed to fight mosquitoes without bats? :pompous:

I have a couple of bats in my garden, living in the farmhouse (they own, basically, that place). I don't buy nor want, around me, those priced and smelly anti-mosquitoes spray/device: bats do the job. And if I need other bats, all I have to do is asking to the priest of Bereguardo to let me enter in the cave, and catch some :)

As far the ban, I'm Italian and Italy banned in 2003 every arachnid: today, 16 years after, seems that the hobby still is living quite decently :angelic:

Those Canada regulations sucks, I wouldn't live in such place... better 'egoist' America (the U.S) where, in some state, even a virulent Chimp is ok :writer:

StampFan

Arachnodemon
And the ironic part is that in Winnipeg there is ZERO chance of any of these species propagating in the wild with 100 days below freezing (as a high temperature.....) a year…...

FluffyTheSpider

Arachnopeon
Madness, they banned even bats. How someone is supposed to fight mosquitoes without bats? :pompous:

I have a couple of bats in my garden, living in the farmhouse (they own, basically, that place). I don't buy nor want, around me, those priced and smelly anti-mosquitoes spray/device: bats do the job. And if I need other bats, all I have to do is asking to the priest of Bereguardo to let me enter in the cave, and catch some :)

As far the ban, I'm Italian and Italy banned in 2003 every arachnid: today, 16 years after, seems that the hobby still is living quite decently :angelic:

Those Canada regulations sucks, I wouldn't live in such place... better 'egoist' America (the U.S) where, in some state, even a virulent Chimp is ok :writer:
Lol it’s too cold in Canada for bats also how do you get your Tarantulas order them or buy them of someone that’s how I got my D.Pentaloris

And the ironic part is that in Winnipeg there is ZERO chance of any of these species propagating in the wild with 100 days below freezing (as a high temperature.....) a year…...
I know right but some have been banned for ecological reasons but I think they can fix that just making WC animals illegal that would fix a lot of thing

What governing body is issuing the ban? Is it like a Home Owners Association type thing?
Sorry I don’t have the answer to that

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Well, I always wanted an Aardvark as a pet, I don’t think I saw that was on the ban. Maybe I’ll move to Canada and walk my pet Aardvark down the street whilst holding a sign protesting the tarantula ban.

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
Those Canada regulations sucks, I wouldn't live in such place...
Yeah, thankfully not all of Canada though. I suspect the bans are heavier in areas with higher population density. A venomous animal on the loose in a separated house is much different than one lost in an apartment complex.