Places With The Least Tarantula Regulations

Would You Rather

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Yep, in Australia :)

He lives in England and was talking about England/UK regulations. Anyway, as far as I know, no one in Europe can keep (privately) A.robustus, for that Australia doesn't permits and never permitted the export of that spider for the trade :writer:
Yea just edited and fixed it up, but as awesome as they are I wouldn't want them overseas unless there were facilities producing antivenom. Australia lacks enough of it already to be sending it abroad

FluffyTheSpider

Arachnopeon
so you can keep Sydney funnel web in Australia I want on put wont get one for the next 10 to 15 years cause iam just a newbie who only has one T a Davus Pentaloris

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
so you can keep Sydney funnel web in Australia I want on put wont get one for the next 10 to 15 years cause iam just a newbie who only has one T a Davus Pentaloris
Yea we can keep any native invertebrates here without a license but no exotics. This is my newest Sydney funnel, her name is Apocalypse

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Yea just edited and fixed it up, but as awesome as they are I wouldn't want them overseas unless there were facilities producing antivenom. Australia lacks enough of it already to be sending it abroad
I couldn't agree more. A couple of years ago we had a discussion here about that, and I've said that the supposed, just for an example, possibility of A.robustus, here in Europe in the trade, would be a disgrace, a 'death warranty' for the whole hobby (not into spiders people doesn't bother to know the differences between species, genus, whatever... they only say 'spider') for that, in the case of a bite (altough the more venomous are the male specimens) that fella would be long time dead before the antivenom arrives in time from Australia.

At the end of the day, no matter how much experienced someone may be, there isn't, never, a perfect 0% possibility that a bite, from one of the spiders we keep, wouldn't happen.

Plus, as you said, there's this shortage of that.

FluffyTheSpider

Arachnopeon
I couldn't agree more. A couple of years ago we had a discussion here about that, and I've said that the supposed, just for an example, possibility of A.robustus, here in Europe in the trade, would be a disgrace, a 'death warranty' for the whole hobby (not into spiders people doesn't bother to know the differences between species, genus, whatever... they only say 'spider') for that, in the case of a bite (altough the more venomous are the male specimens) that fella would be long time dead before the antivenom arrives in time from Australia.

At the end of the day, no matter how much experienced someone may be, there isn't, never, a perfect 0% possibility that a bite, from one of the spiders we keep, wouldn't happen.

Plus, as you said, there's this shortage of that.
It would also be disastrous if this spider got into Florida

Zevil

Arachnosquire
As far as I know, Singapore must be the place with the most regulations.

khil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No, not always. That's more the 'totalitarism' of idiots in charge, with too much power in their hands.
Arachnids were banned by the (supposed Democratic) Republic of Italy because those utter morons, one day, pinpointed a container full of arachnids (majority were Scorpions, hot venomous ones -- being fair I have to say this -- in Roma airport) and, Bam! a dumb law in no time was made, a law that banned every arachnid.
So...it's exactly what you said totalitarianism is?

This might be an unpopular opinion (maybe not), but I feel like a city/country restricting what kind of pets you can have is a form of totalitarianism. However, I'm sure there is a thriving underground market as a direct result of the "law", which is REALLY sad because that hurts the animals more than it does the people.
Don't be shy or be afraid of being unpopular. It is EXACTLY totalitarianism. The government should have no right to dictate what people can and cannot keep in an aquarium inside their hown, on their own property-especially when they let people keep pets like cats which are disgustingly destructive to native species. It's a gross invasion of privacy and an overreach of power.