Places With The Least Tarantula Regulations

Would You Rather

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FluffyTheSpider

Arachnopeon
Well, I always wanted an Aardvark as a pet, I don’t think I saw that was on the ban. Maybe I’ll move to Canada and walk my pet Aardvark down the street whilst holding a sign protesting the tarantula ban.
Aardvarks are illegal see on number 22

Yeah, thankfully not all of Canada though. I suspect the bans are heavier in areas with higher population density. A venomous animal on the loose in a separated house is much different than one lost in an apartment complex.
Guess i Will go to Antarctica

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Lol it’s too cold in Canada for bats also how do you get your Tarantulas order them or buy them of someone that’s how I got my D.Pentaloris
Well, Canada is too colder for a lot of animals, for that matter. I disagree with those restrictions, not for something, uh... but because they are sorta insane or too full of senseless fears. I mean, ban the home-keeping of B.dubia (or similar roaches) isn't like banning the keeping of potentially lethal venomous snakes -- a scenario where you can add a couple of logical reasons, at least.

Another example... I could keep bats in my home (Canada) after all, yet nope :pompous:

Yeah, thankfully not all of Canada though. I suspect the bans are heavier in areas with higher population density. A venomous animal on the loose in a separated house is much different than one lost in an apartment complex.
I don't know that much about, of course, but here in this site, during the various discussions about those issues, I've got the idea that Toronto and the 'GTA' are more regulated than the other parts of the nation.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveIDDQD

Arachnosquire
mmm, I'm not 100% but I believe we have no laws regarding any tarantulas in the UK, they just have to be well cared for like any other animal.
I think you need a licence if you want to own anything super dangerous like a wandering spider.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
mmm, I'm not 100% but I believe we have no laws regarding any tarantulas in the UK, they just have to be well cared for like any other animal.
I think you need a licence if you want to own anything super dangerous like a wandering spider.
Yep, the UK has pretty relaxed laws on that sense. Correct about a license/permit for keep the 'hot' venomous ones -- at 360°, so not necessarily and only arachnids, of course.

It's called 'DWA license' if I'm not wrong.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper

All tarantulas are fine but you need a DWA license to keep the following scorpions/spiders:

Any Buthidae
Hemiscorpius lepturus
Phoneutria spp.
Atrax spp.
Loxosceles spp.
Latrodectus spp.

Patherophis

Arachnobaron
Czech rep. - legally inverts are not considered animals there and so they are not regulated in any way.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Czech rep. - legally inverts are not considered animals there and so they are not regulated in any way.
You mean... legally not considered as 'pets', otherwise doesn't make sense. If inverts aren't animals, what they are, then? o_O

NYAN

Arachnoking
All tarantulas are fine but you need a DWA license to keep the following scorpions/spiders:

Any Buthidae
Hemiscorpius lepturus
Phoneutria spp.
Atrax spp.
Loxosceles spp.
Latrodectus spp.

Ah, so Sicarius, Hexopthalma, Hadronyche and Missulena are allowed?

Patherophis

Arachnobaron
You mean... legally not considered as 'pets', otherwise doesn't make sense. If inverts aren't animals, what they are, then? o_O
I mean what I have written. Because as NYAN said, since when do laws make sense. Also, I have personaly met several ignorant people who claimed that arthropods are not animals. I was thinking the same thing as You.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
If things are that way, doesn't make sense... a S.hahni is by far (from what we know about) more venomous than a L.rufescens :pompous:
Sicarius hahni was moved to genus Hexophthalma with the rest of the African members of the genus. Your point stands, however, that the list is 'incomplete' and some very venomous species have been omitted from their list.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
And Kelly Brook
Uhm... yes but IMO Holly is on another level. Chris LXXIX Perv o meter explanation:

Watch that crap above. Now the way she says 'It's closa... closer to a British Carbonara' (love how she spell Carbonara). Plus when she laughs, and that nails.

10/10, I would give 5 years of life for bang her :)

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
This might be an unpopular opinion (maybe not), but I feel like a city/country restricting what kind of pets you can have is a form of totalitarianism. However, I'm sure there is a thriving underground market as a direct result of the "law", which is REALLY sad because that hurts the animals more than it does the people.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
This might be an unpopular opinion (maybe not), but I feel like a city/country restricting what kind of pets you can have is a form of totalitarianism. However, I'm sure there is a thriving underground market as a direct result of the "law", which is REALLY sad because that hurts the animals more than it does the people.
No, not always. That's more the 'totalitarism' of idiots in charge, with too much power in their hands.

Take Italy, for instance. I mean, who invented Fascism, aka for everyone "the totalitarist state"? Italy. Yet no one banned arachnids back then, and the Doria Museum of Genova was always into arachnids (T. Thorell studied with Giacomo Doria, in Genova, btw).

Arachnids were banned by the (supposed Democratic) Republic of Italy because those utter morons, one day, pinpointed a container full of arachnids (majority were Scorpions, hot venomous ones -- being fair I have to say this -- in Roma airport) and, Bam! a dumb law in no time was made, a law that banned every arachnid.

This one (notably, straight from the official site of the Italian Parlament):

http://www.camera.it/parlam/leggi/03213l.htm

While prices of arachnids, after this law, skyrocketed (obviously, a lot of breeders went into 'shutdown' mode) no one hurted, in the trade, T's. Only prices changed, of course, due to that insanity :writer:

I don't give a damn so I can type this where everyone can see without issues: a dumb law is a dumb law, no matter :)

Thankfully, the Italian Arachnid Association worked with the back then gov. and managed to get a deal, that's why today we have T's and other venomous inverts :kiss:

FluffyTheSpider

Arachnopeon
No, not always. That's more the 'totalitarism' of idiots in charge, with too much power in their hands.

Take Italy, for instance. I mean, who invented Fascism, aka for everyone "the totalitarist state"? Italy. Yet no one banned arachnids back then, and the Doria Museum of Genova was always into arachnids (T. Thorell studied with Giacomo Doria, in Genova, btw).

Arachnids were banned by the (supposed Democratic) Republic of Italy because those utter morons, one day, pinpointed a container full of arachnids (majority were Scorpions, hot venomous ones -- being fair I have to say this -- in Roma airport) and, Bam! a dumb law in no time was made, a law that banned every arachnid.

This one (notably, straight from the official site of the Italian Parlament):

http://www.camera.it/parlam/leggi/03213l.htm

While prices of arachnids, after this law, skyrocketed (obviously, a lot of breeders went into 'shutdown' mode) no one hurted, in the trade, T's. Only prices changed, of course, due to that insanity :writer:

I don't give a damn so I can type this where everyone can see without issues: a dumb law is a dumb law, no matter :)

Thankfully, the Italian Arachnid Association worked with the back then gov. and managed to get a deal, that's why today we have T's and other venomous inverts :kiss:
I wish there was a Canadian arachnid association