Places to get a cheap fish tank

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I need a 15 gallon aquarium, and most places online seem to sell them for at least $40. I remember finding them somewhere for like $15-$20, but my hard drive died a while ago, so I can't find it in my history. Does anyone know where I could get them in that price range?

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
Walmart sells 5 gallon buckets for $3 each- buy three, duck tape them together, fill with water... boom 15 gallon tank. :troll:

Anyways just keep an eye on ebay or craigslist and your bound to find large tanks for cheap prices. If you do this I would do a deep clean on the tank because you never know what was in it.

I also know Petco (not sure with Petsmart) does $1 per gallon sales so you could wait until one of those events occur.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Craigslist. Hopefully you're in a big metropolitan area though or it will be slim pickings

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Beware. Cheap tanks could be made from single thickness glass. They are quite common here. Single thickness glass is the stuff that breaks from minor or trivial impact or even rapid temperature changes.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If there's a Goodwill store around, start trolling the store now and then, I've picked up some big ones for $15, some a lot bigger than a 15 gallon. I've seen 10 and 15 gallons there for $15 with gravel and hood.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
You can probably get them for free as I often see them on people's porches, in their basements, random places like that. It is amazing how many aquariums and terrariums are moved around.

The problem though is that they usually have irreparable stains on them from who knows what was in there.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I'd stump up the money and get a brand new aquarium. It'll take away any worry.

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
check out some facebook groups, there is always a group for selling junk.

If you live in Utah/Idaho check out the DI. Same thing as a Goodwill but cheaper and more popular