Places 30 Minutes From Disneyland?

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Anybody know of a place about 30 min away from Disneyland in California to go collecting for inverts? I'm heading down there in July and will not actually be going to Disneyland lol, so I'd like to find a relatively close place to look for things.

Thanks!

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
30 minutes? You're talking about suburban parks. It's wall to wall suburbs and industrial parks for 30 miles in all directions.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
30 minutes? You're talking about suburban parks. It's wall to wall suburbs and industrial parks for 30 miles in all directions.
Haha, thought it was too good to be true. Anything about an hour or two?

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Head north to San Fernando Valley. I've found some neat stuff on the hiking trails here. You can either hit Tarantula Hill or O'Melveny Park. Look for holes, and you'll likely be able to tickle out a couple of Ts. If not, there are always a bunch of Darkling beetles everywhere.

The Snark

Old Timer
San Fer is an hour and a half+ of heavy traffic hell out from Analheim. Best bet is head east on 91. Chino Hills on the north, Limestone Canyon to the south.
If you can spare an hour and a half to 2 hours each way head on 91 to 218 then on out past Hemet. Try to grab @Smokehound714 . That's his stomping grounds.

Last edited:

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
San Fer is an hour and a half+ of heavy traffic hell out from Analheim. Best bet is head east on 91. Chino Hills on the north, Limestone Canyon to the south.
If you can spare an hour and a half to 2 hours each way head on 91 to 218 then on out past Hemet. Try to grab @Smokehound714 . That's his stomping grounds.
Still qualifies as "1 to 2 hours away":D

The Snark

Old Timer
Still qualifies as "1 to 2 hours away
Unfortunately, yes. I'm just trying to think of the best places that could be accessed. San Fer leaves you searching out spots, or trips into the hills like Tujunga Canyon.

The hills and canyons east of urban sprawl hell are quite easy to access and usually light traffic. Smokehound knows the area and would be the best bet.

Personally, I'd prefer to stomp the San Gabriels, or go all the way out to San Jac.

Last edited:

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
send me a PM. I know some spots around here.

IMO you'd have more fun in our deserts this time of year.