Pitfall

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Set up five pitfall traps in and around d my garden anyone used them had much luck I'm just excited to see what I catch some have bait and some don't don't know if your supposed to bait them or not but at least anything I catch will have a snack tell I check the trap LOL

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Set up five pitfall traps in and around d my garden anyone used them had much luck I'm just excited to see what I catch some have bait and some don't don't know if your supposed to bait them or not but at least anything I catch will have a snack tell I check the trap LOL
I had two setup in my yard a long time ago, mostly caught small ground beetles, wolf spiders and worms. The worms usually died pretty quickly, though the smell of their rotting carcasses attracted a Nicrophorus sp carrion beetle to the trap once. :)

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Cool just getting ready to go check mine left them out last night should I check them everybay or ever other day

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Check them every day or two to prevent things from dying/getting eaten.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Thanks not to meany people responding to this must not be a very popular means of collecting

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod

Ah ah sorry couldn't resist after reading the title; check how much big that scorpion is, lol good times :angelic:

billrogers

Arachnoknight
I had five of these behind my old house in the woods. Two of those five were five gallon buckets buried in the ground. I found all sorts of interesting things in those.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Mine are much much .much smaller I used plastic cups probably why my results have been lackluster

billrogers

Arachnoknight
Mine are much much .much smaller I used plastic cups probably why my results have been lackluster
My three smaller pitfalls were empty yogurt containers (maybe 1 quart), but I always had the best success with the larger ones.