Pip came ๐Ÿ˜

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
20210414_144755.jpg 20210414_144517.jpg
Pip in their new digs
Pip is my first t a Brachypelma baumgarteni I am so excited to have Pip and can't wait to watch them grow up even if it does take 10 years lmao ๐Ÿ˜† Pip was a day late due to cold weather so they've already kept me waiting lol.๐Ÿ˜Š But here now and I couldn't be happier.

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
View attachment 381729 View attachment 381730
Pip in their new digs
Pip is my first t a Brachypelma baumgarteni I am so excited to have Pip and can't wait to watch them grow up even if it does take 10 years lmao ๐Ÿ˜† Pip was a day late due to cold weather so they've already kept me waiting lol.๐Ÿ˜Š But here now and I couldn't be happier.
Awesome news. Enjoy your new furry friend ๐Ÿ˜‰

Congratulations on your new friend.
Next time fill the vial no more than half the way.If it starts digging and expanding its burrow will pile up the substrate right to the top as it has little room to dump the excess dirt.You can carefully scoop it out with a small spoon if that happens tho.
Regards Konstantin

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Congratulations on your new friend.
Next time fill the vial no more than half the way.If it starts digging and expanding its burrow will pile up the substrate right to the top as it has little room to dump the excess dirt.You can carefully scoop it out with a small spoon if that happens tho.
Regards Konstantin
It is high on one side and slopes down lower on the other with a pre started burrow under the Corkbark 20210414_161625.jpg 20210414_161701.jpg
But i didn't think where the soil Pip excavated would go lol thanks for the tip ๐Ÿ˜€

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Congrats, you're in for the long haul now!! I wonder which will be your next ;)

And Well done on listening to advice and housing it apporriately sized!!

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Congrats, you're in for the long haul now!! I wonder which will be your next ;)

And Well done on listening to advice and housing it apporriately sized!!
I didn't realise how small Pip would be I am glad I did too lol ๐Ÿ˜Š I am a Brachypelma girl so probably another of the genius or maybe an A.Seemanni am not sure ๐Ÿ˜… I will have to see took me a year to choose Pip lmao I am a woman c**p at making up my mind hahaha

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Ohhh yeahh and you can get much much smaller......!!! and HAHHA im pretty indecisive to, I hate making decisions LOL

some small for ya in 2oz deli cup (not even smallest out there)
Awwwww how small what a lil cutie these are on my "list" of species I would like but they're so small I think I may need more xp before I attempt dwarf species ๐Ÿ˜ and lmao glad I am not the only one that can't make a decision hahaha ๐Ÿ˜„

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
I didn't realise how small Pip would be I am glad I did too lol ๐Ÿ˜Š I am a Brachypelma girl so probably another of the genius or maybe an A.Seemanni am not sure ๐Ÿ˜… I will have to see took me a year to choose Pip lmao I am a woman c**p at making up my mind hahaha
Suggest you get all the Brachypelma. I have multiples of them all and they are one of my favourite species.

I even have a "Brachy Bedroom" for some of my collection and cos I am a little OCD, they are in alpha order from left to right anti clockwise.
The only exception is my beautiful Genie (Acanthoscurria geniculata in the top middle tank)
20201122_104750.jpg

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Suggest you get all the Brachypelma. I have multiples of them all and they are one of my favourite species.

I even have a "Brachy Bedroom" for some of my collection and cos I am a little OCD, they are in alpha order from left to right anti clockwise.
The only exception is my beautiful Genie (Acanthoscurria geniculata in the top middle tank)
View attachment 381749
Omg ๐Ÿ˜ฒ I need this in my life ! Your room is now my tarantula goals ๐Ÿ˜ one day I will have a bedroom like this lol ๐Ÿ˜Š
Ps I would put them in order the same as you โ˜บ what others see as OCD I see as a strive for perfection ๐Ÿฅฐ

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Omg ๐Ÿ˜ฒ I need this in my life ! Your room is now my tarantula goals ๐Ÿ˜ one day I will have a bedroom like this lol ๐Ÿ˜Š
Ps I would put them in order the same as you โ˜บ what others see as OCD I see as a strive for perfection ๐Ÿฅฐ
'Strive for perfection' I am stealing that now ๐Ÿคฃ

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
'Strive for perfection' I am stealing that now ๐Ÿคฃ
That's no problem ๐Ÿ˜Š it's always been a favoured come back of mine to ppl that comment on my passion to get things ... right shall we say ๐Ÿ˜†(my OCD) so I am glad to share it with other ... perfectionists ๐Ÿ˜Š

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Confession I donโ€™t own a single one and for one reason or another never have had a Brachypelma....I know I know lol

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Confession I donโ€™t own a single one and for one reason or another never have had a Brachypelma....I know I know lol
What?????
You have to have to get them all ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

That's no problem ๐Ÿ˜Š it's always been a favoured come back of mine to ppl that comment on my passion to get things ... right shall we say ๐Ÿ˜†(my OCD) so I am glad to share it with other ... perfectionists ๐Ÿ˜Š
I even measured the distance for the retaining clips on the LED lights in the garage for all the other spiders so that the gaps were identical so guess I am a bit of perfectionist also. As you could see from that bedroom set up, every tank identical with hides either on the LHS or RHS so draws the eyes to the middle ha ha ๐Ÿ˜‚

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
They are rather gorgeous how can you not have at least 1 ๐Ÿ˜ฒ and that sounds like something I would do measuring every light to the same place has to be done for the perfect viewing haha

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Yeah I know.......it just happened that way ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

If only you werenโ€™t in Uk Iโ€™d pick up some of your pure breed B. baumgarteni
Yes that is a shame.
Hoping for good things from all my Brachypelma (extract from a pivot table in Excel) below so you could have had many options.
If I had to pick one Brachypelma species, and this could be a little controversial, it would be B klassi.

Screenshot_20210414-195510_Office.jpg