Pinktoe

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hi my pinktoe has eaten another cricket this morning before i went to school, i had 3 in there, but now there is 2, can i leave them out for tonight and then take them out at around 10 er,

James

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I never remove crickets once they are in unless the spider shows no sign of wanting to eat after a day or so. Sometimes I put like 5 crickets in with my rosehair and she will eat a few and for two days she wont eat again and then she will kill them when she wants. The same goes for all of my spiders. I just basically let them decide when they want to eat but there is always some available. I only remove live prey items when the spider is molting.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Definitely not a problem since it ate the one. The only time prey in the tank is an issue is the T is moulting or the T is extremely sick. Since it ate, you know it's not in premoult so I wouldn't even bother removing them at all. My pinktoe refuses to eat when I'm around so I always leave food in for at least three days. The only time I take it out is if it's clear it's not interested at all and I don't want to waste the food. Then I also know it's in premoult, and it doesn't get offered food again until after it moults. Very simple system :)

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
The GOOD petstore has a pinktoe I want,...fair price,....39 bucks (compared to the BAD pet store that selling them for 65). Im tempted tempted tempted. Ive owned a pinktoe before,....but it died, Id like to again, they are so pretty.

How important is daily misting for pinktoes ??

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by Spider_savior
How important is daily misting for pinktoes ??
It's not. The biggest misconception there is about Avicularia species is that they need high humidity. They live in trees, sure, it ain't a desert, but it's not very moist either. I mist about every 4-5 days just so I know the finicky little guys get something to drink. I think most people kill these nigh impossible to kill species by closing up their tanks to hold in moisture and create the sort of environment that kills them.

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
spider savior
Ill sell you one for twenty bucks, you pay the shipping though, no, make that fifteen, I have three of them and I like to spread joy to the world, yeah right, well, how bout it, fifteen and you pay shipping.
mebebraz@netzero.net

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, I would agree with CM here. Ventilation is more important than a truly humid enviroment. I mist maybe once every 4 days with 1 or 2 sprays.

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by Vys
Yes, I would agree with CM here. Ventilation is more important than a truly humid enviroment. I mist maybe once every 4 days with 1 or 2 sprays.
I agree, too. I never mist mine at all, just provide them with water dishes, and I prefer to err on the side of too much ventilation than not enough.

Joy

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
My avicularia setup is more like Joy's. I never mist them, just make sure that there's a water dish for them to drink from and I will drip some water into their web in case they don't want to make the trip to the dish. IMO like CM's lack of adequate ventilation is the biggest killer of Avicularia ssp.

Scott

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I mist my cage that has two pinktoes living in it every 4 days and it has a small dish that is always full. The venitlation is really good. My spiderling doesnt get as much because its delidish isnt ventilated.