Pinktoe sling update

Bridget

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Pinky is doing so good now! The mold that was on her little feet is almost completely gone now and she ate! YAY....and to think she was to the point where we thought we might have to euthenize her. Thanks to everyone for your sling prayers :p I call her Pinky, but Rick thinks Lucky is more appropriate, what do y'all think?

We used a liquid nail fugus treatment applied with a brush. She has been on wet papertowels the entire time to help control mold in her vile.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

my 3" juvie is name pinky! Stick with Pinky! I am happy to hear that it ate and is all better! Good Luck!

James

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My a.avic is kill'in me.
I've had it for 4 months now and it still hasn't webbed the first strand. The only way it will eat is if I put it in a small deli cup with a legless cricket.
It has a nice cage w/ heater under it , good size water dish and I mist often. So whats the deal?

Ernie

Attachments

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by MrT
My a.avic is kill'in me.
I've had it for 4 months now and it still hasn't webbed the first strand. The only way it will eat is if I put it in a small deli cup with a legless cricket.
It has a nice cage w/ heater under it , good size water dish and I mist often. So whats the deal?

Ernie
Hi Ernie,

What type of heater do you mean?

If it's a heating pad, you might want to turn it down (if you have it up high, so it doesn't burn the t) and place it on the side of the container rather than the bottom.

Another thing you might try is overflowing the dish to bring up the humidity rather than misting, at least for a month to see if this encourages it to web or not. Some avics I have had are unwilling to web when things are misted, and others don't mind.

Another thing I've found encourages them to web is if you place a bunch of sticks (thick and thin, long and short) propped well in the substrate very close to eachother and on one of them slide a toilet paper tube. Once the avic investigates it will begin hiding amidst these things. Then after that it will begin creating a tunnel web, either in the roll or between the sticks.

I add leaf litter at times and they're very happy to web that all up and together!

Hope this helps,

Paul

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Bridget,
YAY!! I'm very happy for you. My lil A. avic, the one that got her legs yanked off by me? :( Has made a web/hammock close to the ground, and is doing great. I've changed her/his name to Stubs..=D As for yours hmmm...How 'bout Lucky? I like your choice...

Ernie,
Now c'mon! Your avic wants you to spoil it! ;)

Peace,
Gillian
I'm off to see the Ogre. Or, horde of raging Goblins...or, whatever my DM has in store..:)

Have a great Friday, everyone!

Bridget

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ernie thats a really nice enclosure you have there! Did you make it yourself?

Bridget

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
oops just noticed it was a KK, but did you put holes in it?

JDK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
MrT,
What type of t is that to the right of your pick in the burrow?