Pinktoe Setups

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi all,

I am getting a 4 inch or so pinktoe soon and i bought a sweet hexigonal cage just PERFECT for arboreals, i couldnt ask for more. Anyways, i bought some silk plants and cork bark to start and id really appreciate it if you could post pics of setups for pinktoes....i seem to remember a post similar to this a while ago but i cant remember for sure so no harm in posting i guess =)

Thanks alot,

Mark

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
HI

Wish I had a coolpix camera here,, getting one soon.

Well,,I have Pet Keepers, from the smaller ones below 1,19 gallon and up.

I put them on the "short-end" standing up with a piece of wood in the corner of the cage.
Both my versicolors has built a web funnels in between the space of the wood and the cage wall.
My Goliath Pinktoe is still running around the peice of wood and act like arboeal/terristial kinda, but s/he is still a s'ling and they act IME kinda not according to the "book".

One thing that's interresting is that when my one of versicolor passed a ceratain size, my biggest one, it just completly ripped the "old" web to peices and started a new one. Like the "old house was to small".

Well,,to put it simple, I have a peice of wood leaning towards a corner with some space inbetween the wood and the cage wall and there the T's make their web.

The A.Avic has a real "advanced" display.
2 tunnels on top of each other.
The P.Irminia has made a dirt-web close to the bottom of the wood s/he has now it completly closed and I guess a molt is going on in there:)
The smaller versicolor that molted some day ago just left the web and was on the substrate floor when I let a cricket in there and s/he got it very fast and went back up into the web tunnelt s/he had.

So standing cages with height and space inbetween wood and cage wall seems to work fine IME.

Kenny

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks Kenny, the cage i have is hexigonal and taller than it is wide...it is absolutely great for an arboreal. It has a NON WOVEN screen top however...and my A.seemani somehow managed to get caught in the same stuff when i used to use it as a top for her cage so that is really my only concern now.

Mark

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
For a hex tank, do what I did: go to Home Depot (or someplace similar) and buy a sheet of plexiglass. Cut it to a hex shape, drill 1/4 in. holes, and velcro it to the top to prevent escapes. I have pics, too, if you need to see it.

N.

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I was thinking about the make-my-own-lid idea, and i already have Lucite (sorta like plexiglass, 10X stronger than glass), but i have such a perfect lid that came with the cage i am going to try modify that before i make my own. Also my concerns are with ventilation. I know Avic's need medium-high humidity and lots of ventilation.

Oh one more thing, the lid will be on the top of the cage, what if the tarantula webs the lid? or can i just put the cork bark and such not quite up to the lid? So that if he webbs it up and i open the lid i do not destroy anything?

Mark