pinktoe question please answer

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
Ok one of my pinktoes hasnt been eating and was in the same position for a number of days only rotating 180 degrees around is now steping her feet out of her webbed tube does this mean she is hungry???i have no crics they all died i will get some soon she will be ok right i assume so as i've heard that t's go along time without food she was an aggresive eater for along time then stopped for about 2 weeks she is a good 3 inchs also any help is appreciated-jason

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Jason,
It almost sounds like pre-molt. When was her last molt? If she is in the same spot in her webbing she could be waiting for natures signal to flip and molt. Before a molt, they get very lethargic.
If so, keep the humidity elevated. If you want to add a cricket to see if it is pre-molt or not, jsut make sure you keep an eye from time to time to make sure if she does flip that the cricket doesn't get to her. If she doesn't eat it in a little while, make sure you remove it.
I hope thats all it is.
Please keep us all posted.
Ralph

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
I have to second what Ralph said. That's exactly what I was thinking :)

-Bryan

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My Pinktoe has been doing the same thing and she's just about the same size as yours Bod. My Cinnamon Pinktoe sling id doing the same thing. Both their rumps are pretty swelled and healthy looking though, plus she's been drinking alot of water as well. Not eating for long stretches isn't really a problem for awhile as long as the rump is pretty healthy looking. It's just when they stop drinking for large stretches that's the problem. The only time I saw my A. avicularia out of her tube web was to say hello to my new Versicolor yesterday.

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
hey thanks since i've had her she hasnt molted yet i hope all goes well

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Usually a good indicator that a Avic. is getting ready to molt is that they quit eating and they completely seal up their web. When any of mine have gotten ready to molt, the web is sealed up so nothing can get to them. Then after the molt, when they have just relaxed for a couple of days or longer, they will come out and look for food. It is usually not to hard to tell when a Avic. is in pre-molt.