pinktoe moulting question

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
Last night i noticed one of my pinktoes on its back this morning i woke up to see her all stretched out my question is how am i going to get her old skin out of her tank without disturbing her she made a massive web in the back of the cork bark and barracaded herself any tips? and how long should the skin be left in?

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
As they are just dry exoskeleton after a day or two in normal humidity, I don't think it will actually harm them to be in there (I have several unremoved exuvia from spiderling vials, and they never seem to cause a problem.) I've heard they can attract mold, but have never seen this myself. I will say with a good deal of confidence that by all means you can leave it alone until the T seems fully recovered from the molt, and is eating again.

Bill

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
update got the old skin out with long tweezers had to poke a hole threw the webbing so she would have more room i hope i didn't disturb her all that much

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I agree with conipto. With all my Avic's I usually leave the old skeleton in until the T has recovered from the molt. You will find sometimes that the T will actually kick the old skeleton out of it's web after a few days to clean house or make space.

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
One of my A. avics molted also...

One of my juvie A. avics also molted last night and I'm leaving the exuvium in there for a few days. She didn't molt on her back, but vertical, it was pretty cool and took about an hour. She was webbing like crazy yesterday so I knew she was about to molt. She used to have seven legs, but now has eight although her new replacement leg is slightly smaller than the others. Should be fully regenerated on the next molt.

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They usually push them out themselves after a while.

Chid

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
im concerned tho because he/she has a real real small abdomen and is not eating like my other spiders do after a molt i hope he/she makes it and fattens up that abdomen

alidpayne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by bodc21
im concerned tho because he/she has a real real small abdomen and is not eating like my other spiders do after a molt i hope he/she makes it and fattens up that abdomen
Am I misunderstanding, or are you saying that you feed your T's as soon as they molt?

Ali

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
no i usually wait a few days but i do have 2 avics and the other one molted 3 days before this one and i tried feeding him/her last night with no luck sorry for the misunderstanding