Pinktoe HELP PLEASEEEEE

CbCooper

Arachnopeon
I've had my pink toe for about 2 months now. She's been great...very aggressive eater...will eat all day if I would allow her to! A few weeks ago, i rehoused her into a more permanent enxlosure and in doing so, her web was ruined. About a week and a half ago, she stopped eating. I tried a few days between now and then but she shows no interest. For the past week, she stays up in one corner of the enclosure with some webbing and balls of webbing around her. Ive read so much about premolt and believe she's hard into it because of how she looks (pic posted). This is my first T and I'm just getting worried.

Attachments

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Ive read so much about premolt and believe she's hard into it because of how she looks (pic posted). This is my first T and I'm just getting worried.
It could just be pre-molt, but if you post a picture of the entire setup, we can see if there are any obvious problems.

MetallicArachnid

Arachnosquire
From the picture you provided she looks really fat, how often were you feeding her? It's very possible she's just full and not interested in eating right now. Need to remember that tarantulas have very slow metabolisms and can go for long periods without eating, just try to keep the abdomen slightly smaller or as big as the carapace for arboreal spiders and as big or slightly bigger than the carapace for terrestrials, personally I find that they do well with a feeding every month to month and a half as long as they have a dish of water available at all times.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I keep a bunch of Avics and not eating for a solid month or more before molting is not uncommon..
Sometimes being rehoused is enough to throw them off there feeding schedule but IME that type of fast is usually very short.. Contrary to popular belief Avics are hardy and generally have a good feeding response if housed properly.

Your little one looks to be in premolt and will most likely start spinning a web to molt on soon.. Make sure it has a shallow water dish with clean water and disturb it as little as possible so that it feels secure enough to spin a web for molting..

Magenta

Arachnosquire
This looks a glass aquarium. I don't think there would be enough cross ventilation. Could a more experienced keeper chime on in this?