JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looking for pictures of pinktoe enclosures..juvie and adult. thanks

dan

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'll show you mine in a bit(let me get a picture), but it's nothing great, it's just a 1 gallon plastic jar. I use to go all out with a tank full of plants and such, but now I'm just going for more convinent and simple set ups.

Cringles

Arachnopeon
I have a A. Metallica, and this has helped me loads, on a better set up, tho my A. Metallica doesnt web at all!

Cringles

Arachnopeon
suppose they'd be ok with no dish, in the wild they'd most likely sip from drops of rain on huge leaves!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
suppose they'd be ok with no dish, in the wild they'd most likely sip from drops of rain on huge leaves!
Yup, that's exactly what they do. Plus, when I had a dish with my Avics none drank from it, they only drank when I misted their tanks or watered the plants down.

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I know you're looking for a pinktoe enclosure, but I don't have one.

Instead, I will share my A. purpurea enclosure. It is a 1++ inch slng.

I bought a plastic drinking straw dispenser. It was on sale because of a hairline crack. I decided to modify it by creating an opening on the side. I used a fine hacksaw to slice the plastic and glued on a metal hinge. I then drilled airholes for proper ventilation.

I then glued a piece of driftwood to the side using waterstop (clay-like putty). Used a mix of topsoil and cocopeat for substrate. Topped with leaf compost and a real plant!

I measured the humidity level for 3 days before introducing the sling. I transferred it today and it immediately positioned itself where I planned it. That's the crevice in the driftwood. Lately, it has created a tube web that runs all the way down to the substrate.

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The pink toe I had in here recently passed away due to unknown reasons... I'm going to clean it and use it for a crested gecko I think.

It's a 2.5 gallon... the cage next to it is an exoterra, also for a pink toe, don't have any good pics of it at the moment but its the 12x12, dirt on the bottom with pieces of bark, water dish, and fake plants from a craft store.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I just keep my A. metallica in a 10g with substrate, a big piece of driftwood, and a waterdish. He made his home in one of the top corners where the driftwood touches the glass. I have a TropicAir humidifier for his tank and he shares that with my P. cavimanus

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just keep my A. metallica in a 10g with substrate, a big piece of driftwood, and a waterdish. He made his home in one of the top corners where the driftwood touches the glass. I have a TropicAir humidifier for his tank and he shares that with my P. cavimanus
if you could, please post a pic of this enclosure. i'd love to see it!