Pink Toes Au Naturel

Tremors

Arachnopeon
Has anyone tried letting any species of Avicularia loose to free range on an indoor tree such as a large Ficus. You would still be feeding it of course and trying to keep the humidity up.

Would it set-up shop in a particular place and stay there or would it wonder around and try to leave the tree?

Thegloryfades

Arachnosquire
Would probably work best with a mature female and would need to create a micro climate good stable heat and humidity ect

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I heard of someone doing this in their greenhouse actually. Apparently it has been successful so far.

Tremors

Arachnopeon
Thanks Abby for that link. I completely forgot about the tarantulas.us forum.

That little versicolor did what I assumed a small Avic. would do and a greenhouse is the perfect environment for them. I'm just wondering if adult Avics would stay in one location or wonder around, especially when they get the itch.

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I could imagine letting a few loose in my house. Until my cats found them.....

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's not really free range, but some of my Ts actually dubbed as mousetraps! I took the lid off my T stirmi, my P cambridgei and P rufilata and placed the former on the floor and the two latter on my kitchen counter and put chunks of peanut butter in the enclosures. Both my stirmi and my rufi caught mice!!!I witnessed one escape my stirmi and fly under my stove!!!

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
It's not really free range, but some of my Ts actually dubbed as mousetraps! I took the lid off my T stirmi, my P cambridgei and P rufilata and placed the former on the floor and the two latter on my kitchen counter and put chunks of peanut butter in the enclosures. Both my stirmi and my rufi caught mice!!!I witnessed one escape my stirmi and fly under my stove!!!
You actually used your Ts for a mouse trap?! What if the rats have eaten poison sometime in thier life? Risky IMO.

oceanmachine

Arachnopeon
i've heard of people having a free running tokay gecko in the animal room before to catch all the stray livefood running about. think that i'd rather bump into an avic in my room than a tokay though, although my housemate would be exactly the opposite to me

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I am not so sure i would like a male tokay loose in my house making a bunch of noise. {D

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is one of the most irresponsible things I have heard.