Pink Toed moving around Cage, 3 years old or so

Jdrizle29

Arachnopeon
Hello, my pink toe is moving around the cage randomly a lot, it normally stays in its web tunnel at the top of the cage. It just keeps wondering all around the cage. Idk if it’s a molt because usually it stays in its corner and webs up the entire area. I removed all crickets but it just ate like a week ago so unsure what’s wrong.

Attachments

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
If you post some pics of the entire enclosure we can offer suggestions that may help. Right off the bat, it looks like you need to add more stuff in the top portion of the enclosure for it to hide in (leaves and cork slab, for example).

Jdrizle29

Arachnopeon
here’s more pics

If you post some pics of the entire enclosure we can offer suggestions that may help. Right off the bat, it looks like you need to add more stuff in the top portion of the enclosure for it to hide in (leaves and cork slab, for example).
Gotcha, i’ll buy some more today

Attachments

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
There's nowhere for it to hide. In the wild these live in the canopy of the jungle and will make web tubes in amongst the leaves. In your enclosure it feels exposed and is looking for a place to make a home. Add a bunch of fake leaves to the top half of the enclosure and it will be much more happy and content. The pet stores sell vine-like lengths of leaves that you can attach to the sides of the glass with suction cups, or you can go to a craft store and buy some fake plants to put in there.

Jdrizle29

Arachnopeon
There's nowhere for it to hide. In the wild these live in the canopy of the jungle and will make web tubes in amongst the leaves. In your enclosure it feels exposed and is looking for a place to make a home. Add a bunch of fake leaves to the top half of the enclosure and it will be much more happy and content. The pet stores sell vine-like lengths of leaves that you can attach to the sides of the glass with suction cups, or you can go to a craft store and buy some fake plants to put in there.
see above

goonius

Arachnoknight
This is great advice from NMTs on how to make the tarantula feel more secure. I’d only add that tarantulas can get their tarsal claws stuck in screen tops. They can lose legs this way, and fall and potentially be injured. It’s easy to replace these tops with coarse metal mesh or a sheet of acrylic with holes drilled in it to prevent this. Something else you may want to consider doing while revising the setup for your spider.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Is it a MM? Can’t see pics
No, just a youngster, but there's literally a single stick leaning against the back of the enclosure and that's all. Just needs more cover.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Hello yes you do not have this set up for an Avicularia properly, you want to redo this with a piece of wood/bark big enough to hunt off of leaned around a 45 degree angle to the side with a lot of fake plant cover surrounding the upper 30% or so of the enclosure around the wood but not limited to so. See below for an example of what I mean.