PINK TOE WONT CLIMB WALLS OR SPIN WEB!!!

NikoPajacz1

Arachnopeon
Hello I’ve had a pink toe tarantula for almost a year now. About 4 months ago I rehoused had into a larger enclosure. An eco terra 12x12x18. I was in college and left her with my brother so I don’t know the exact time frame of when this stated happening but she seems to have lost the ability to climb glass walls she also hasn’t spun a web since the old enclosure. I’m very worried and have put as many fake leaves and logs in the enclosure as possible so she is less stressed. Can anyone tell me why this has happened and if there is anything else I can do.

Side note: I’ve heard multiple pink toes can be housed together is this true?

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Darn spiders - never do what they're supposed to! You should threaten to take away her t.v. privileges or withhold her allowance until she webs up her room like a good girl!

But seriously, how old is she? How big? And when did she last molt? Are you certain that "she" really is a she? Can you post pictures of her and of the new enclosure? There may be some things in the enclosure that could be improved to make her more comfortable.

One possibility is that she is approaching a molt. I've noticed with my own arboreals that they tend to lose their ability to climb glass when they are close to molting.

As for housing multiple pink toes together, you might start out that way - but you're likely to end up with just one fat spider.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Larger Aviculariinae often don't web until they're approaching a moult, they also tend to lose their ability to grip onto smooth surfaces later on in their moult cycles. Pics of the tarantula and of the enclosure would be helpful.

’ve heard multiple pink toes can be housed together is this true?
No, not unless you want to end up with one fat one.

ArachniMarc

Arachnopeon
Hello I’ve had a pink toe tarantula for almost a year now. About 4 months ago I rehoused had into a larger enclosure. An eco terra 12x12x18. I was in college and left her with my brother so I don’t know the exact time frame of when this stated happening but she seems to have lost the ability to climb glass walls she also hasn’t spun a web since the old enclosure. I’m very worried and have put as many fake leaves and logs in the enclosure as possible so she is less stressed. Can anyone tell me why this has happened and if there is anything else I can do.

Side note: I’ve heard multiple pink toes can be housed together is this true?
12x12x18 is WAY too big for any Avicularia.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
My M6 (larger Avic.) is a really really lazy webber. Some of them are just like that, I guess. And, they can lose grip in premolt.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
12x12x18 is WAY too big for any Avicularia.
This is false. I've used that size, and could go larger if I wanted. You do realize in the wild they live in areas that are larger than the volume you think is too small.