pink toe webbing..

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hi all
ive had my pink toe for about a month now and she eats enough and dosnt go to the ground so she seems ok and happy.

but she still hasnt webbed.
i changed her tank a week ago i added a peice of tree branch, one of those bendy vine things you get in reptile shops and a smaller peice of cork bark high up so i could give her a better way to webb.

but she just sits on the side of the glass most of the time.
she swapps sides alot, one day she will be on the right then the next she will be on the left wall.

i just wandered how long it takes to settle, do these species take a while to webb, like untill there totally settled?

i used to have a collection of tarantulas i had 9 and back then i had a pink toe.
she was smaller then the one i have now and i had her for a year and abit.
then oneday she was dead.
she webbed a little bit buy not as much as i had hoped or seen from other people.

the tank my new one is in is a tall exoterra tank, ive put sanwhich bags over one side of the mesh and a little on one harf of the other so that she can have humidity but airflow aswell.
she has a large water dish on the floor to help the humidity.
ever since i read the tarantulas keep guide i havnt sprayed my tropical species too much, because of risk of mould ect, i know they arnt swamp dwellers.
so she has humidity and good air flow.
i just wandered if she is ok and just slow at webbing or im doing somthing wrong.

my new p.irmina webbed the second night i had her.

i know every spider differs from the rest but i guess im just being paranoid i dont want her to die or be uncomfortable.

so any advice?
maybe some pictures of webs and tank setups would help too :D

sorry for long post
i eagerly await your replies.

thankyou for your time and putting up with what seem to be noob questions but im no noob, just panick and am inpatiant.

-bloodred

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
I have had 6 A,Avics at once before and they are all difforent. the day after I got them 3 of them had webbing all over the place! then a week later another started webbing, 3 days after that another and now it has been around 5 weeks and I got rid of all the avics who made webs and I still have the one that has no webbing! he is completely fine and eats well but only has a small patch of webbing on the spot he sits at most... some T's are just difforent and take time :)

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Avics can just be odd sometimes.

Mine webbed in the worst place possible while in premolt. After she molted I removed the webbing & gave her more things to web with. That was almost two months ago & she just sits on her door in roughly the same place, has yet to reweb. I've notice her crickets disappear, recently I even saw her get off the door to hunt.

I say as long as they are able to cling & aren't grounded, they are fine :)

Obelisk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've had my new A. avic for 2 1/2 weeks. It still hasn't webbed, but it's eating fine and hanging around near the top of its enclosure.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Does always sitting on a horizontal surface thats high up count as not being on the ground? I don't want to hijack the thread just one yes or no please.

To the op, My avic hasn't made any signifigant webbing either, I've had it for a month. IT only made a web on it's perch that it sits on all day, but no tube web, I'm going to put somthing like a half cylinder somewhere in there though to mabey encourage it.

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have an Aviculara Aviculara and an Aviculara Versicolor. The A. Avic webbed enough to have it's own bed. The A. Versi decided first to just barely make it's bed, then decided to take over the top cover. I'll see how they do in a few weeks when they get transfered to their new tanks.

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think Aviculariae spicies are a bit odd sometimes. When I rearanged my A. versicolor enclosure after the molt she didn't web for sometime. After she did start to web, she did it on the top corner of the tank and not where the root, ivy and the orchid leafs are! She just climed from the root to the glass and just made web high in the sky there. Well, they are some wierd things, no?:?

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Guaranteed, close to its next molt, she'll crank out a web.

I keep alot of avis, some make a web all the time, and some just make it prior to molting and then tear it down. A avis can go either way.

PIG-