Pink Toe Tarantula not eating

Pokezilla1231

Arachnosquire
Hello everyone, my pink toe tarantula hasn't been eating. Since its last molt its been afraid of live prey, I have been offering superworms and crickets. She has been eating pre-killed prey but has stopped lately. She last at a pre-killed in March. Her abdomen has been getting small but she is drinking. I don't know what to do and I don't want her to die. Thank you

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
I have read from those with more experience with keeping Avics that if they get dehydrated they will refuse food. Not sure if that includes prekilled though. My (sub)adult Aa is a very picky eater and seems to get picker as it gets older.

How old is your T? Is it kept dry with a water bowl?

When did it moult last?
I'd guess since some time in March when she said it became afraid of live prey. Even if it was March 31st that's still long enough to harden and take live prey at any size ime.

Decent pics are needed for anything.
Not necessarily. They help in many cases though. I wouldn't say "for anything" though :) Plenty of questions are answered correctly without photos. In this case, they might :)

Pokezilla1231

Arachnosquire
I have read from those with more experience with keeping Avics that if they get dehydrated they will refuse food. Not sure if that includes prekilled though. My (sub)adult Aa is a very picky eater and seems to get picker as it gets older.

I'd guess since some time in March when she said it became afraid of live prey. Even if it was March 31st that's still long enough to harden and take live prey at any size ime.

Not necessarily. They help in many cases though. I wouldn't say "for anything" though :) Plenty of questions are answered correctly without photos. In this case, they might :)
She didn't molt in March, she molted in like July. Around November she stopped eating live prey and I kept offering her prey, I thought she was fasting so I gave her time I tried to feed her in February but she didn't eat so I put pre killed prey in her web and she ate it. I did this once a week and last time she ate was March and then after March she stopped eating all together and her abdomen is now smaller. What do you guys need pictures of? The enclosure, tarantula, or both? I have had her for 4 years

Pokezilla1231

Arachnosquire

She has a water bowl, I clean it and refill it if it looks dirty or is low on water

14pokies

Arachnoprince
@Pokezilla1231 I'm going out on a limb here without a picture but it sounds like a mature male close to the end of his life..

Pics of the T from a few angles and the enclosure are needed.

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are we positive its a female? A healthy female will eat. Theyre more opportunistic. Males just have one thing on their mind and will eat every so often. Avics do go through random death spells unfortunately. Double check their moth area to rule out nematodes or other parasites.

Pokezilla1231

Arachnosquire
Are we positive its a female? A healthy female will eat. Theyre more opportunistic. Males just have one thing on their mind and will eat every so often. Avics do go through random death spells unfortunately. Double check their moth area to rule out nematodes or other parasites.
Yeah I'm positive.
Here are the pictures of here and her enclosure

Attachments

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Yeah I'm positive.
Here are the pictures of here and her enclosure
Hmm, seems like a decent size Spider and I cannot see the abdomen all that well from that picture but from what I can see it does not appear to be too horribly shrunken.